Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah

While I've seen a few posts about this hotel in other threads, I thought it might be helpful to open its own one. Has anyone stayed here recently and what's your impression. Particularly interested to get thoughts on the Exec Lounge - as a Diamond the hotel tells me I am limited to breakfast in the lounge, what's it like and do they cook eggs to order? Also what are the afternoon tea and evening canapes like? Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:38 am

Programs: TK E+,HHonors D,Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bm109
While I've seen a few posts about this hotel in other threads, I thought it might be helpful to open its own one. Has anyone stayed here recently and what's your impression. Particularly interested to get thoughts on the Exec Lounge - as a Diamond the hotel tells me I am limited to breakfast in the lounge, what's it like and do they cook eggs to order? Also what are the afternoon tea and evening canapes like? Thanks in advance.
I stayed at Hilton Dubai Palm back in february. As a diamond, I was upgraded to a 1 Bedroom suite which was beautiful. Lounge was also open for afternoon tea, and for evening canapes, had a really nice view, lot of seats, and plenty of options. I had breakfast at the lounge and there was on option for cooked eggs to order. During my stay, hotel was full due to a wedding, even then they were so accommodating and had everything running flawlessly. While the next door Marriott is identical ,they do charge for lounge access to the elite customers, while Hilton doesnt. It is highly recomended.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
I just came from here and it exceeded my modest expectations. To answer your specific question, they have light food in the evenings -- one night, it was a salad bar, pita chips and hummus, cheese, a few varieties of lukewarm sandwiches, and a couple of cakes. The other night the hot dishes were a bit more substantial. I didn't go for breakfast or tea.

For breakfast, they also allow you to go to the main restaurant, which is a better-than-average large-five-star-hotel buffet in my opinion. They have eggs benedict at the station and were constantly putting out a couple of each dish so one didn't have to order and wait. Several good yogurts and breads. They have brewed coffee, not always easy to find in Dubai, which they serve in a silver urn at the table -- a touch I like. They also distribute a printed "Gold/Diamond menu" with four additional entree options like cinnamon French toast and a more deluxe omelette. Another nice touch. They put some thought into the breakfast.

Overall, the hotel has a lot of solid amenities. They brought an ice bucket each night, for example. The towels in the bathroom are thick and large and the shower nice with great pressure. They provide a bar of soap in addition to the dispensers. I had DND on til after 5:00 or 6:00 but housekeeping still came afterward unprompted. The rooms are large (I might have gotten upgraded to a larger room on a high floor), clean and fresh, and well-lit. (Not sure which of these amenities are standard and which are on the Executive floors.) The hallway is one of the longest I have ever seen in a hotel outside of Las Vegas.

There are a lot of seating areas outside and an extreme number of smoker's posts (ashtrays) -- again nice touches. An oddly large number of elevators and doors to the outside, mostly automatic. A lot of small details that hotels in this part of the world generally overlook. Check-in, check-out, valet parking, and bell service were good. There are taxis in front too, though of course the road design on the Palm is absurd and it takes quite a roundabout route to enter and especially to exit the property.

F&B at the semi-outsourced restaurants is so-so. I say semi-outsourced because they have (in addition to Trader Vics and Tahitian Village) an outlet of Claw BBQ and a Buddha Bar offshoot -- same as the Hampton Inn in Ras Al Khaimah, so maybe they're owned by the same company, or just made a multi-property deal. Although I like the food and drinks, service at Claw (to which they provided a discount coupon upon check-in) was shambolic; good at the other outlets I visited, and you can sign to the room at all of them. Drinks at Barfly by Buddha Bar were great. There are also a swim-up bar at the pool and a beach bar with shisha. One small note: it's a party place. On a weekend during the day, every open outlet was noisy with music, etc. I wanted a quiet lunch and couldn't find one, so I walked next door to Senor Pico's at the Marriott (which is owned by the same company).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I stayed at Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah this past March. The hotel worked out great for me, the first time visitor to Dubai looking for beach R&R along with visiting typical tourist places in the city.

Executive lounge was nice. I was at the executive lounge only twice for afternoon tea time, once at check-in (arrived early and my room was not ready, waited at the executive lounge), and another time to get a bucket of ice. I remember that offerings during tea time was not that substantial, one or two small pieces of pastry along with some fruits. Both of the time there were hardly any people at the executive lounge. It is possible that there is not much demand during tea time for the executive lounge at this hotel.

Evening offer was nice, and the executive lounge did get busy but never to the point I could not find a table for myself. I do remember evening offering changed every night. One evening the executive lounge had chicken wings from Claw BBQ in the hotel. I think soft drinks, coffee and tea were available all day at the executive lounge. Alcoholic beverages were available during evening offer, starting at 5 p.m. The view from the executive lounge is nice, but I had sea view room at higher floor, so I had the same view from my room.

For breakfast I always went to the buffet restaurant on the ground floor and did not go to the executive lounge for breakfast. Buffet restaurant had wide range of selections, including middle east flavor and eggs to order.

The location of the hotel was perfect for me. Not as busy as Jumeirah Beach, but easy access to Jumeirah Beach if I wanted to go there. I did typical tourist stuff; Gold Souk, Old Dubai, Dubai Frame, Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa, etc. I personally did not find the location of the hotel to be inconvenient for visiting all those places. I took taxi or Uber all the time, price was very reasonable. I encountered taking taxi to the hotel that not all drivers are familiar with Palm Jumeirah area. When I asked for Hilton Palm Jumeirah, some taxi drives thought I wanted to go to Hilton Jumeirah at Jumeriah Beach. One taxi driver told me that it was the first time he came to the area of Palm Jumeirah. I think it is worth keep attention when taking a taxi to the hotel, make sure the taxi driver knows where to go. One day, I took a taxi from the hotel to Mall of the Emirates, took a peek at indoor ski area. Then took Dubai Metro to get around the city.

During my stay I have noticed that the hotel does a lot of corporate events. Talking about noise, one evening big corporate event was set up at the second floor (convention floor) balcony area (very large area easily can fit more than hundred people) with very loud music. The music lasted only two hours, so it was not a big deal. But I did wonder about the noise, if that can be frequent occurrence, and if some time can go to late evening or not.

I did wonder if Palm West Beach area (where the hotel is located) wants to become like party setting of Jumeirah Beach. If that is the case, then I think that is unfortunate. I wish Palm West Beach will remain as nice less noisy area, and Jumeirah Beach will be the party location. Then there will be a choice for people.

I am type always go out to the town and enjoy local flavor for meals when I am visiting places. I do not partake in hotel restaurants often. However, on this trip I tried Barfly by Buddha. Well, food is typical American/European Asian fusion cuisine. If you have been to far east Asia and looking for authentic Asian cuisine, then this restaurant will not be what you are looking for. But the view from the restaurant is great, there is outside seating and that is a nice part,

Along the walk of Palm West Beach has several restaurants. I had very nice Italian dinner at one of the restaurants by the beach. I think there are enough restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

My stay included St. Patrick's Day. Hotel was very busy and when bars/restaurant was closing at 1:00 a.m. Entrance area of the hotel was mad house, people trying to get taxi, Uber, valet parking trying to get home. My flight back was at 5 a.m. and I was checking out the hotel and heading to the airport at the same time. The front desk guy did check-out called front entrance and told I have checked-out and heading to the airport. The outside entrance of the hotel was zoo of people, but doorman recognized me and waved taxi for me. During my stay this doorman remembered me and took care of getting taxi multiple times. I gave a big tip to this doorman in Diram cash at the end for taking care of me.

I know the location of this hotel is not for everybody. but it worked out great for me.

Barfly by Buddha

View from my room

Pedestrians walk on Palm West Beach

Pool and Beach area of the hotel, and the hotel itself

Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:05 am

I am planning my Dubai trip and this is my first time to visit this place. If anyone stay here recently, can you please help with the following:

1) Is it safe to visit Dubai in march 2024. Is there any special requirement currently for US citizen

1) Beside this Hilton, is there any other hotel choice which should be considered for hotel booking

2) What benefit Diamond / Gold member can receive at Hilton Dubai palm Jumeirah . Does diamond member has a choice , whether to have breakfast in executive lounge or in the restaurant

3) I will travel with an elder, is it easy to take public transportation from this hotel to places like : Burj Al Arab, Miricle garden, Dubai mall ect.

4) Should booking hotel with point is a better compared hotel nightly rate.

Please advise and thank you
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I am planning my Dubai trip and this is my first time to visit this place. If anyone stay here recently, can you please help with the following:

1) Is it safe to visit Dubai in march 2024. Is there any special requirement currently for US citizen

1) Beside this Hilton, is there any other hotel choice which should be considered for hotel booking

2) What benefit Diamond / Gold member can receive at Hilton Dubai palm Jumeirah . Does diamond member has a choice , whether to have breakfast in executive lounge or in the restaurant

3) I will travel with an elder, is it easy to take public transportation from this hotel to places like : Burj Al Arab, Miricle garden, Dubai mall etc

4) Should booking hotel with point is a better compared hotel nightly rate.

Please advise and thank you
hi,

I don;t think there are any special requirements for US citizens to enter the UAE/dubai

Are you interested in being by the beach or elsewhere? Other hotels i would consider are the Waldorf Palm, Waldorf at DIFC and Conrad at World trade centre

As a diamond you should be able to have breakfast both in the restaurant and lounge

Not sure if this is the best hotel if relying on public transportation. There is a monorail but then you need to transfer to a tram then transfer to the metro.
Taxis/Careem are plentiful and relatively cheap
The Conrad is across the road from the World Trade centre metro ( 3 stops to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa bur it is still around half a mile or so to the burj khalifa and dubai mall fountain ( it is all indoors with travelators). The Waldord DIFC is similar ( close to metro)

How much is the cash booking cost vs points. Points usage is personal ( ie is it worth it to you to spend points) but have generally found thar prices in dubai are low enough so I pay cash and save the points for a more expensive destination ( ie Tokyo) but you might be going at a more expensive time so that point usage may be better value)

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Just something to consider - Ramadan starts 10th March. It won’t be super noticeable in Dubai, but personally I’d go before or after (starting to get rather warm).
Old Feb 1, 2024, 4:46 am

Gold gets breakfast (for one room only even if booking two) which is quite good. The hotel is quite new and will please most. The food outlets were not to my liking but that's a personal preference. The Palm is good for relaxation but not a great location for visiting various DXB sights.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:36 pm

@ tbs : Is there any link to know about the tram and metro in Dubai for first time tourist . And where to exchange money with good exchenge rate . I also like to know which is best economical way to go from DBX airport to Hotel . And if we post pone our trip, which month is better in order find good hotel deal and the weather is not too hot.

All of those hotels you mentioned, does Conrad is best hotel due to it is cheaper and easy to take public transportation to do sight seeing . My elder has mobility problem and can only walk a short distance. I wonder how far is the walk from Conrad to metro, and how far is the walk from metro to shopping center and to other must see sight seeing . Is it easy to catch a taxi for distance less than a mile long . And does taxi drivers in Dubai speak English .
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Here is a link to the transit authority tram and metro map ( google maps is also good)
Roads & Transport Authority - Metro & tram stations map

Best way is probably taxi from airport to hotel ( from the airport to the Conrad was AED 50 so would reckon about AED 100 to the Hilton Palm. Taxi drivers spoke enough english to get by

From the conrad lobby you walk 15m outside then up the escalator to the overhead airconditioned walkway to the escalators to the metro station ( elevators are available)
At the Dubai mall it is about 0.5 miles from the metro station to dubai mall ( all indoors with a/c and travelators for a good part of the way)

The taxi drop off point is likely to be closer to Dubai mall but traffic around the area can be bad at peak times
I got my AED in the UK before travelling ( and used a couple of bank atm's ( reasonable rates)

Regard

TBS
Abidjan likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Just something to consider - Ramadan starts 10th March. It won’t be super noticeable in Dubai, but personally I’d go before or after (starting to get rather warm).
I have upcoming trip to Dubai during Ramadan. Does it shows anyway in these big hotels? Alcohol in the lounge as usual etc?
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
@ tbs : Is there any link to know about the tram and metro in Dubai for first time tourist . And where to exchange money with good exchenge rate . I also like to know which is best economical way to go from DBX airport to Hotel . And if we post pone our trip, which month is better in order find good hotel deal and the weather is not too hot.

All of those hotels you mentioned, does Conrad is best hotel due to it is cheaper and easy to take public transportation to do sight seeing . My elder has mobility problem and can only walk a short distance. I wonder how far is the walk from Conrad to metro, and how far is the walk from metro to shopping center and to other must see sight seeing . Is it easy to catch a taxi for distance less than a mile long . And does taxi drivers in Dubai speak English .
I just left Dubai and currently in Abu Dhabi now. We travelled exclusively using taxi. We took 5 -10 trips per day and had almost no issues. It's cheap and there are many of them around, even at tourist spots. Taxi drivers here know enough English to communicate with you. For some of my trips, when the drivers weren't familiar with the places, he just handed over his cell phones with Google Maps. I punched in the locations, and there we went. Be careful though, make sure to ask them to run the meter. By laws, all taxis have to: accept credit cards, and run the meter. In one case, a driver said his meter was broken and didn't want to run the meter, so we just asked him to stop, walked off and took another taxi. Also, be careful what you get charged at the end of the trip. In one trip, the driver charged our card a few AEDs more than what the meter displayed, but we didn't argued since it was a short trip.
Regarding currency exchange, unless you need cash right after you get off the plane, don't exchange at the airport. They charge a transaction fee (42AED), and the rate is very low. There are many ATMs around Dubai and the ones that I used don't charge any fees. Also, choose the option to let your bank do the conversion, not the ATM operators.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Next time, just stay in the cab until your destination. It is clearly stated on the sticker with the fare that the ride is free if the meter is not operated or if the creditcard machine is ‘broken’.
IIRC the Emirates NBD ATM in the Arrivals hall does not charge a fee. HSBC does.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Next time, just stay in the cab until your destination. It is clearly stated on the sticker with the fare that the ride is free if the meter is not operated or if the creditcard machine is ‘broken’.
IIRC the Emirates NBD ATM in the Arrivals hall does not charge a fee. HSBC does.
I saw the sticker too, but was thinking he may be telling the truth ("meter is broken"), so I decided to make things easy for both of us
Old Feb 6, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Leo123
I have upcoming trip to Dubai during Ramadan. Does it shows anyway in these big hotels? Alcohol in the lounge as usual etc?
Very little change, and it gets less noticeable every year. I haven't detected any restrictions on alcohol service during Ramadan in recent years. The only major restriction, at least up to last year, was that cafes aren't allowed to serve shisha during the fasting times. It's odd because you can eat and smoke cigarettes at the cafes. You should be able to find shisha at hotels (e.g., Hyatt Regency Deira had it at both pools) during the day.
Leo123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.