Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Diamond Status (Spouse Checking in Before Me)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Surprising but this is the first time I have ever had this happen but I could use some advice on this...

I have a week trip to the Conrad Indianapolis booked in my name (I am a Hilton diamond member). Booking for myself and spouse on the reservation. Spouse is checking in the day before me because I have a depo in another city the first day (I won't be there until evening of day 2). How will the Conrad treat this at check in? We're both listed in the room reservation but I won't be there on first day to actually check us in.

Thanks,

J.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
The last 8 months have been horrible for IRROPS with US airlines and, my wife and I have several times been forced to fly separate routings on the recovery flights because 2 seats weren't available on some of the flights. This has resulted in her arriving at the hotel 6 to 24 hours ahead of me on a few occasions and there has been no problem. I always call the properties once I know that I will be delayed, so I would take that tack with your upcoming stay. Just let them know that had you to delay your arrival due to last-minute developments.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zombietooth
The last 8 months have been horrible for IRROPS with US airlines and, my wife and I have several times been forced to fly separate routings on the recovery flights because 2 seats weren't available on some of the flights. This has resulted in her arriving at the hotel 6 to 24 hours ahead of me on a few occasions and there has been no problem. I always call the properties once I know that I will be delayed, so I would take that tack with your upcoming stay. Just let them know that had you to delay your arrival due to last-minute developments.
Thanks. Thats pretty much what I figured I should do. That being said; if I check in on the app and the app issues a digital key, is there even a need to go to the front desk on arrival? I assume yes (because I just always have done that) but maybe just walking up to the room works?
Old Jul 2, 2023, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Thanks. Thats pretty much what I figured I should do. That being said; if I check in on the app and the app issues a digital key, is there even a need to go to the front desk on arrival? I assume yes (because I just always have done that) but maybe just walking up to the room works?
I think with the app, they will never know. Unfortunately, in our case, one of the delays was international and my wife needed to show her passport and an independent credit card to check in.
jgoodm likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Assuming you're clever enough to check in on the app on your phone but let your wife get the digital key on hers, what happens if the digital key doesn't work? She'll go to the front desk, and what if they say "We see the room is booked in your husband's name, so just have him come show us his ID and we'll be happy to give you physical keys." "Umm, he's not here and won't be here until tomorrow." Just tell the hotel in advance, get their okay with it, and have a worry-free stay.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Guess I just over thought it. Appreciate the responses.
WVmike likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: 12 year UAL GS, LT Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium, AA Plat Pro
When my wife is also listed on the reservation, I have not had any problems when she arrived/checked in first. However, all of those situations were in the US.
Crampedin13A likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.