Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is the HVAC fan always on at all Tru by Hilton properties?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the HVAC fan always on at all Tru by Hilton properties?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Unable to turn off HVAC fan at Tru by Hilton

Please forgive me if I sound like a DYKWIA, but I had an irritating experience at the Tru by Hilton - Raleigh Airport last week.

I'm a very light sleeper, who normally turns off the HVAC system before I go to bed so my room will be as quiet as possible. However, the controls to the HVAC fan in my room were locked in the "on" position. A sticker on the controls said "in the interests of providing fresh air in the room", there was no way for either guests or front desk staff to turn off the HVAC fan.

This is the first time I've stayed at a Tru. Is the HVAC fan lock something that is specific to this property, or have any of you seen it at other Tru properties?

Although I liked my room's decor, I was irritated enough by the HVAC noise that I would not stay at a Tru again if preventing guests the ability to turn off the HVAC fan is a policy throughout the brand.
Old May 9, 2023, 4:32 am

I don't think this is anything brand-wide; probably just a single property with a fixation on ventilation (could be due to mold / moisture issues, smoking issues in the past, who knows). Generally speaking, if you look under the PTAC / PTHP (packaged terminal air conditioner / heat pump), there should be a switch and / or plug through which you can disconnect the unit.
JoeDTW likes this.
Old May 9, 2023, 9:34 am

I have stayed at a few Tru locations and have not noticed it. I agree, must be something they have their own reasons for and not a brand standard. I'm just there for the pancake printer anyway
DELee and JoeDTW like this.
Old May 10, 2023, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by MissJ
I'm just there for the pancake printer anyway
I presume you split your time between Tru hotels and AS lounges?
PanAmSam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.