Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

3 room limit on Small Biz earnings points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2023, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom

I am booking 5-6 rooms at a Carte Hilton near my office and want to use my Hilton Gold # for about 5-6 rooms during the 3 night stay. It's via a corporate rate (same price as street pricing). The hotel staff is saying they can only allow 3 rooms booked to my number. Is this true? Anyone do this above 3 rooms?
Old Mar 21, 2023, 6:58 am

Some rates do limit the number of rooms a person can book - for example AAA or AARP are limited to two rooms - so it's plausible that rate has that language in the terms.

Please also note that you can only earn points for up to four rooms at a time, so there's not really any benefit adding your number to more rooms than that. Benefits are only supposed to apply to the room that you are in, not any of the additional rooms.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 7:51 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Which hotel?
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
Some rates do limit the number of rooms a person can book - for example AAA or AARP are limited to two rooms - so it's plausible that rate has that language in the terms.

Please also note that you can only earn points for up to four rooms at a time, so there's not really any benefit adding your number to more rooms than that. Benefits are only supposed to apply to the room that you are in, not any of the additional rooms.
Did it change to 4 rooms I thought it was only 2 rooms per night for point accrual eligibility?
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Did it change to 4 rooms I thought it was only 2 rooms per night for point accrual eligibility?
That change kicked in January 2020, just in time for everyone to stop booking rooms for two years.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Which hotel?
Carte hotel in little italy of San Diego...
Old Mar 25, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Four rooms, not three, if on the same folio

Per the T&C: A Member may earn Base Points for up to four rooms per stay ("Earning Rooms") if all eligible charges for Earning Rooms are paid on one folio.

The hotel was pretty close. It is four rooms, not three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.