Search

Hilton Yokohama, Japan {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hilton Yokohama, Japan {JPN}

Hilton to Debut Presence in Yokohama with Opening of Hilton Yokohama in Autumn 2023

Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced the signing of a franchise agreement with Ken Corporation Ltd. to launch Hilton Yokohama in autumn 2023. The hotel will be situated in Minato Mirai 21, a seaside urban area in central Yokohama within the Kanagawa prefecture. This marks Hilton’s first property in Yokohama, the second largest city in Japan after Tokyo.

Guy Phillips, senior vice president, development, Asia & Australasia, Hilton, said, “We are delighted to be expanding our partnership with Ken Corporation with the signing of Hilton Yokohama following many years of shared success with Hilton Guam Resort & Spa. Appealing to both leisure and business travelers, Yokohama is home to a number of manufacturing companies and R&D hubs, plays host to international conferences and corporate events and leisure options in the destination are aplenty with opportunities for sightseeing, entertainment, and dining. Our strong partnership, building on the expertise of Ken Corporation, as well as the strength of Hilton’s commercial engine, will enable us to offer world-class services for guests visiting Yokohama when it opens in two years.”

Hilton Yokohama is a part of Ken Corporation’s mixed-use development project “K-Arena” in Minato Mirai 21. The project site, named “Music Terrace” and set to open in autumn 2023, includes one of the world's largest music venues, “K-Arena Yokohama” — which can accommodate approximately 20,000 people, the “K-Tower Yokohama” office building and the Hilton Yokohama. The 339-room hotel will offer facilities including a fitness center, an executive lounge and meeting spaces. Guests will have a selection of dining options from the hotel’s all-day dining, a specialty restaurant and a café and bar lounge.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hilton Yokohama, Japan ( due to open 24 Sep 2023)

Hi,

Looking at japan for my next trip and the Hilton Yokohama is now appearing on searches for tokyo.

Website says it is due to open on 24th September 2023 but is not accepting reservations yet.

It is in the minatomirai area with the shin-takashima station an 8 min walk away

Hotel webpage is

Hilton Yokohama

Regards

TBS

PS Will have an executive lounge but no swimming pool
MP001 likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 4, 2023 at 2:13 pm
Old Feb 4, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
We're off to Japan for the first time in November. Would you recommend a trip to Yokohama?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
We're off to Japan for the first time in November. Would you recommend a trip to Yokohama?
Hi,

I have not been to Yokohama yet although I have heard that the bayside area is attractive with lots of activities . There will be more details in the Japan forum here on FT. Now that there is a Hilton here I might spend a couple of days later this year ( although it is around 30mins from Shinjuku by train roughly)

For a first time visitor to Japan ( how long are you staying in Japan) I would probably not visit Yokohama ( if you are only staying in Tokyo for say 1 week or more then a day trip to Yokohama could be good). Have you though about your itinerary ( lots of advice on the Japan forum)

I would probably do ( if I had a week), Tokyo ( with a day trip possibly to the five lakes area for Mt Fuji) & Kyoto for a first time trip

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 4, 2023 at 4:38 am
Old Feb 4, 2023, 8:11 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
According to this website they plan to start accepting reservations in April. Although the article is in Japanese it includes some nice photos, a few more than on the hotel's website. I hope it will be a good alternative to Hilton properties in Tokyo, the prices of which are currently astronomical. I had a two-nights reservation at Hilton Tokyo in April 2020 which had to be cancelled. A similar two-nights stay this April will cost 2.7 times more!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I have an overnight 23 hour layover on my way home from SEA in December and have booked the IC Yokohama Grand as the rates were less than half of what even the Hilton Odaiba (the cheapest Hilton property) wanted. Hopefully the Hilton Yokohama will have similar rates as the IC.

Yokohama is a nice place for a day, you could visit Kamakura from there more conveniently. I visited there over 10 years ago and stayed at the IC Yokohama Grand for a couple of nights. But for a first timer visit to Japan it depends how long you are visiting, a usual first time visit would want Tokyo and Kyoto at the top of the list, Yokohama would be lower on the list and there are many other places I would prioritize over it - Hiroshima, Osaka, Nagasaki, Sapporo, just to start, it also depends on the time of year and when in November.

If I only had a week in Tokyo The five lakes/Fuji and Nikko day trips would take precedence over Yokohama.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by tobegold; Feb 4, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thank you all! We're going early November for 2 weeks. I'll also check out the Japan forum!
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Hilton Yokohama will be quite convenient for HND for anyone who wants to stay at a Hilton property before flying out. It will be 11 minutes walk to Yokohama station (9 minutes once a proposed pedestrian bridge is built) and direct Keikyu Airport Express trains will take 25 minutes to HND T3.

The area around the Hilton will be called “Music Terrace” which includes K Arena Yokohama, a music venue with 20,000 seats. Yokohama is well known for its Chinatown and Yamate district with western-styled buildings dating back to the early 20th century.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I have not been to Yokohama yet although I have heard that the bayside area is attractive with lots of activities . There will be more details in the Japan forum here on FT. Now that there is a Hilton here I might spend a couple of days later this year ( although it is around 30mins from Shinjuku by train roughly)

For a first time visitor to Japan ( how long are you staying in Japan) I would probably not visit Yokohama ( if you are only staying in Tokyo for say 1 week or more then a day trip to Yokohama could be good). Have you though about your itinerary ( lots of advice on the Japan forum)

I would probably do ( if I had a week), Tokyo ( with a day trip possibly to the five lakes area for Mt Fuji) & Kyoto for a first time trip

Regards

TBS
I agree with The_Banking_Scot, I lived in Tokyo and I have made numerous weekend day trips to the Yokohama area. Yokohama is a nice area. However, as a first-time visitor to Japan, there will be so many things to do in Japan and Tokyo area on the list above Yokohama. As a first-time visitor, you will not miss a thing by skipping Yokohama.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: QF P, HH D
Is there any new news on the status of this property? Is it on track to open later this year?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Hate to blow my own trumpet but, from here

Hilton Yokohama, Japan ( due to open 24 Sep 2023) - FlyerTalk Forums
it is due to open on 24th Sept 2023

Regards

TBS

PS Just had a look and the date is still on the website but it is currently not available for booking. Maybe time to merge these 2 threads
Old Mar 19, 2023, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Opening date pushed back to December 24th

Hi,

Just noticed on the hilton website that it is now taking reservations from December 24th 2023

Regards

TBS
jefftiger likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:30 pm

The hotel is accepting reservations from 24 September 2023 as originally announced but no rooms are available for booking until 26 September. The cheapest room available appears to be 22,990 yen all in (Honors discount) though rooms are more expensive at weekends.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
The hotel is accepting reservations from 24 September 2023 as originally announced but no rooms are available for booking until 26 September. The cheapest room available appears to be 22,990 yen all in (Honors discount) though rooms are more expensive at weekends.
I already have a reservation at the nearby IC Yokohama Grand for Dec 3 at ¥15,900 which is still more than ¥10,000 less than the Hilton which is over 26,000 all in. The IC will be keeping my business unless the Hilton drops its rate significantly.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I think the Hilton will be a fun addition. If you go, I found Yokohama and the Minatomarai area a fun place to spend a couple of days.

I spent a couple days in this area after 5 days in Shinjuku and roaming around Tokyo. It is different than Tokyo, but a nice change for a couple of days. I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel in the Landmark Tower. I think my room was on the 67th floor. It was a very nice hotel, but more Japanese than western. I had my luggage shipped there overnight from the Shinjuku Hilton, and that is definitely the way to go. It wasn't expensive and then you are traveling to Yokohama on commuter rail and not worrying about schlepping luggage. I also picked up the shuttle to Narita in that area (although I am sure there is also a shuttle to Haneda).

I liked roaming around the waterfront. There is a Cup of Noodles museum which was fun. Some old colonial buildings now fixed up into shops and restaurants. I really enjoyed the architecture of the cruise ship terminal. It is a very unique building that you can walk on the roof and get a great view of that part of the bay. There are some boat tours, but I didn't take any. The mall at minatomirai has some fun restaurants. Including a place called Garlic Jo's. If you are a big fan of garlic, like I am, you will love it. There was also a really nice dim sum place in the mall.

I had a couple fun strolls through Chinatown. It is culturally interesting, as now there are signs in two languages that I could not understand. But it was a lot of fun to wander through it at night. Lots of shops and restaurants. There was a park with stunning ginkgo trees and intricate flower gardens along the bay as well as another fun park behind the Intercontinental. I could have gone further into Yokohama, but I had just spent 5 days roaming around Tokyo, so it was a nice area to just wander in parks and along the bay and see the sights.

I think the Hilton will be a great addition to that area. If you do end up staying at the Hilton, I hope you enjoy Yokohama like I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.