Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Singapore Orchard {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Conrad Singapore Orchard {SGP}

Just noticed this hotel pop up as “Coming Soon”. I think it’s the same property as on the IHG thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1958943-regent-singapore-master-thread-becoming-conrad-january-2023-a.html

Any thoughts on a second Conrad for Singapore? (As well as a brand new Hilton?)
Old Jan 6, 2023, 11:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Official website:
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/sin...pore-orchard/?

Message on there says hotel rooms will only be available in 2024

Our restaurants and bars, as well as meeting spaces, will continue to welcome guests. Guest rooms are undergoing refurbishment during this time and will be available for reservation in early 2024 when Conrad Singapore Orchard opens fully. To assist with your travel plans, you may consider one of our other hotels in Singapore.
Abidjan and Freetotravel like this.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Jun 30, 2023 at 8:51 am
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
This hotel was used exclusively for quarantine for the past few years, I would expect them to do a total renovation before opening up
Old Jan 16, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Puzzling that both a taxi driver and a friend who lives locally asked us “Which one?” when I said we were at Conrad, considering not opening flagged as a Conrad until next year!
Old Jan 16, 2023, 10:43 pm

The facade has already been updated with the Conrad signage. Although, the hotel is closed for renovations, the restaurants in the hotel have remained open.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Jonathan Goh
The facade has already been updated with the Conrad signage. Although, the hotel is closed for renovations, the restaurants in the hotel have remained open.
Fair enough then
Old Jul 31, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Looks to be open for reservations now! Will be booking 2 nights (maybe a third) for late April 2024
HawaiiO and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:21 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
"We are currently enhancing our rooms and suites with elegant, refined finishes. Beginning July 17, we will begin taking reservations for 1 January 2024 and beyond."
Old Jul 31, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I find it hard to believe this relatively small city/state will sustain two Conrads for long.

With that said HKG has had two ICs for going on 20 years.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I’ve booked a stay here for early January, so I’ll report back after my stat
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:38 am

Looks like the Conrad is opening a little earlier than anticipated - now slated for December 28th (banner on site is incorrect - says December 8th but the date on the search page of Dec 28 is correct). I have a stay at the end of December and debating this or Hilton Orchard as a Diamond. I'd assume the Conrad will generally feel newer based on the recent reno, but not sure if I want to be there the day after the grand re-opening. There'd likely be fewer people at breakfast/lounge/pool, but it also seems a little further out of the way for a lot of things we'd be doing as tourists. Thoughts?
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by lowfareair; Oct 26, 2023 at 11:22 am
Old Oct 26, 2023, 3:55 pm

The location isnt good at all for tourists who plan to take public transport.
It is a long walk to the subway and singapores weather can be terrible to walk around

Not as much food options as Hilton orchard as well.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
As a Local here are my first impressions of the location:
Nearest MRT would be Orchard Boulevard about 2 roads away 200m-300m thereabouts, NOT sheltered.
Not sure if anyone would take a bus from the airport but bus 36 goes all the way there... maybe a 90min or so ride. Not good if you are bringing check in luggage.
Food wise in the hotel itself is quite up market.
For fast food the closest mickey dees is about 400m away at Forum the Shopping Mall, Hard Rock Cafe is slightly closer.
Closest Mall is at Tanglin Mall just next to the hotel.
Maybe the only plus point it is walkable distance to the Botanical Gardens and Embassies.
Otherwise a bit isolated compared to the well placed Conrad Cen and Hilton Orchard.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Originally Posted by yeekin
As a Local here are my first impressions of the location:
Nearest MRT would be Orchard Boulevard about 2 roads away 200m-300m thereabouts, NOT sheltered.
Not sure if anyone would take a bus from the airport but bus 36 goes all the way there... maybe a 90min or so ride. Not good if you are bringing check in luggage.
Food wise in the hotel itself is quite up market.
For fast food the closest mickey dees is about 400m away at Forum the Shopping Mall, Hard Rock Cafe is slightly closer.
Closest Mall is at Tanglin Mall just next to the hotel.
Maybe the only plus point it is walkable distance to the Botanical Gardens and Embassies.
Otherwise a bit isolated compared to the well placed Conrad Cen and Hilton Orchard.
Tanglin Mall, a 3-5 min sheltered walk, has multiple eateries, pharmacy, supermarket (and “fast food”). There are additional eateries at Tanglin Road. St Regis is opposite. New Edition and Artyzen hotels are within 5-10 mins walk. The British High Commission, American Embassy, and Gleneagles hospital are a 7-10 min walk. In hotel dining includes Dolcetto (excellent cafe), Basilico (excellent Italian) and Manhattan (nice cocktail bar) plus others. The bus stop is literally in front of the hotel entrance. The hotel is far from “isolated”. It is situated in a prime district (surrounded by lux apartments, hotels, embassies), perhaps 15 mins walk from the heart of Orchard Rd, and 10 mins cab ride to the central business district.

Last edited by EGW1; Oct 28, 2023 at 10:38 am
Old Dec 2, 2023, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hilton Dia, Marriott Plat
I stayed at Hilton Orchard a few weeks ago and I made a booking at Conrad for May for comparison. Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.