Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton to offer Diamond Status Extension for 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Launching in January 2023, the offer will be limited to “eligible Diamond members” – and while no more details are known at this stage, it’s worth reflecting that a similar one-time Diamond Status Extension in 2017 set the bar at a total of three years at Diamond status (those years did not have to be consecutive) with paid or reward stays of at least 250 nights or an earning of more than 500,000 Base Points over the lifetime of their Hilton Honors membership.

More at https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...extension-2023
pazza2000 and teemuflyer like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Launching in January 2023, the offer will be limited to “eligible Diamond members” – and while no more details are known at this stage, it’s worth reflecting that a similar one-time Diamond Status Extension in 2017 set the bar at a total of three years at Diamond status (those years did not have to be consecutive) with paid or reward stays of at least 250 nights or an earning of more than 500,000 Base Points over the lifetime of their Hilton Honors membership.

More at https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...extension-2023
AFAIK the "Diamond extension" is a permanent feature of Hilton Honors. It simply hasn't been needed for several years because of Hilton's generous COVID extension policies.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not sure they need to do any more extensions. For corporate accounts they could just do targeting, like the 8 nights to Diamond fast track or just doling it out.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I'm not sure they need to do any more extensions. For corporate accounts they could just do targeting, like the 8 nights to Diamond fast track or just doling it out.
I think I may need to avail. of this specifically in ‘23, if I qualify (I would if the same criteria as the 2017 policy).

Although I’m hopeful and quietly confident something will come along in a similar vein to the current double nights promo.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I think I may need to avail. of this specifically in ‘23, if I qualify (I would if the same criteria as the 2017 policy).

Although I’m hopeful and quietly confident something will come along in a similar vein to the current double nights promo.
Yes, I'm already assuming a March 2024 application for this...

But now that HH has gotten a taste for double elite night promos, I think there's a solid chance that we'll also see one in 4Q 2023...
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:39 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Received this offer, 3 stays by March 31st and keep Diamond to March 2024. Will award stays normally count for these types of offers? I read through the FAQ and the all the information I could find. All it says is that a "stay" is one more consecutive nights in a specific hotel no matter the number of check-in/outs. No mention of it must be a paid stay or not. I'm thinking if I need one extra stay, 20K points might be worth extending my Diamond status, but not sure I'd want to pay $100 for it though as the benefits here in the US have been watered down so much (and I'm not expecting a lot of additional stays later in the year.)
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:23 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Will award stays normally count for these types of offers?
Usually, yes.

@Hilton Honors Ambassador
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Just received this email. Need 1 stay! Handy as staying next week in Hilton LAX
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
I got my offer and needed 2 stays to retain diamond. I had actually booked Marriott for my next 2 trips, but this offer made me reconsider.
So I broke my next 3 night trip into 2 stays at different Hilton properties. But after that I’m back at marriot as they currently have a double elite night credit and 1,000 extra points per night.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I got one for 3 stays by the end of March... I have a ton of points, and haven't stayed at any hotel since Covid hit. Perhaps cash and points at a local Garden Inn nearby. Not exactly going to stay there, but just check in...
Old Jan 27, 2023, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I got one for 3 stays by the end of March... I have a ton of points, and haven't stayed at any hotel since Covid hit. Perhaps cash and points at a local Garden Inn nearby. Not exactly going to stay there, but just check in...
Why not just points?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Why not just points?
Will consider it, but want to get the best value from using them, like Conrads in Asia.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:11 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by cblaisd
If this is in regards to the Tier Last Call 2023 promotion, I am told they will.

Best regards,

William
Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:28 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Well I feel like an idiot for spending an extra £100 (above the price of a cheaper hotel) to renew D, but I did get a mini-upgrade and free breakfast and lounge for 3 that I wouldn't have in the other hotel, so it wasn't really wasted money.

If I had wasted time on a mattress run then I would be less pleased. Also I am now less likely to try and meet the requirements this year, especially with the threat of breakfast being replaced by the credit outside the US for more / all brands next year.
hugolover and yurtripper like this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
I didn't receive the email but do see the "Tier Last Call 2023 Promotion - Fast Track to Diamond" offer in my offers section online. However, the details of required activities are not listed anywhere, including in the fine print.

Are the stay requirements the same for everyone? From what I've seen on FT and elsewhere, it appears to be three stays between 1 Jan 23 and 31 Mar 23. Should I assume those are my requirements as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.