Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

La Festa Phu Quoc, Curio Collection by Hilton {VNM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

Due to open in June 2023, the first resort style Hilton property in Vietnam. Looks like one to try in the future.

https://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article117347.html

Hotel link on Hilton.com:

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/pqc...esta-phu-quoc/
Old Mar 6, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
I’m thinking of staying here in Late June, and so far, they haven’t started accepting bookings yet. Hilton told me they’ll open in April, but there’s not a firm date yet.

But, their site on Hilton.com says that they’ll open in June. Since hotels don’t often open on time, I’d assume they’ll end up opening in June, especially considering you can’t make any bookings.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
Looks like opening is now delayed until September.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 9:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
This is an interesting property but wow hard to get to from the States. I’m a Delta air loyalist these days, Hanoi, Da Nang, etc. are all like a 10-24 hour drive away. I guess I could fly to Seoul and then a 5hr hop here.
(I realize of course that not every Hilton is marketed to US travelers. Just a muse.)
Old Jun 12, 2023, 6:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
This is an interesting property but wow hard to get to from the States. I’m a Delta air loyalist these days, Hanoi, Da Nang, etc. are all like a 10-24 hour drive away. I guess I could fly to Seoul and then a 5hr hop here.
(I realize of course that not every Hilton is marketed to US travelers. Just a muse.)
From BKK it's a $50 1 hour Vietjet flight.

ANA to BKK in J R/T is only 67.5k Amex points with the current Virgin transfer bonus.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:24 am

The hotel is open... Anybody visited so far? Waiting for some reviews
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:11 am

Location: Historically west coast USA in Oregon, now everywhere
Just checked in, here for a week, Diamond member

Anyone with questions, let me know.

Hyatt globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond member. Just came from a week at Sheraton Phu Quoc on north side of island near VinWonder and Grandworld. This is a strange island of entertainment.

The hotel itself is very pretty. Not yet fully open, beach club restaurant closed. Yet it is very well done throughout as to quality. Will do a thorough review as we use more of the amenities.

The area is full on movie set Amalfi coast (ish) .

Still most everything more a facade in that not that much open. Pool and beach area very pretty. More later. If questions, will post replies. Here till March 8
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:14 pm

After a couple meals update

Couple updates. Evening started with a couple crafted cocktails and Canapés, that are a nightly benefit for Diamonds. Really beautiful drinks, two plates of truly unique, flavorful bites. All with the view of Sunset over the kissing bridge, in an elegant bar setting. Just Stunning.

Then off to La Festa house Italian Restaurant, Maire. Italian chef, house made pasta. Really pretty restaurant, great real Italian flavor. Totally reasonable, Diamonds get a 25% discount on food and beverage, amazing value.

Evening finishes off with a jet ski show in the harbor. Much better than I would have imagined.

Later there is a light and water show in the structure to left of kissing bridge, lastly followed by 7 minute quite impressive fireworks show.

Never seen so much free quality entertainment from our patio or any of dozens of public spaces throughout the hotel.

Breakfast buffet, much more reminiscent of a Waldorf Astoria or Park Hyatt. Seriously impressed after having been here for only 20 hours.

Hotel quality is stellar throughout.
hugolover and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:42 pm

Have u got room upgrade?

Originally Posted by Liveinhotels guy
Couple updates. Evening started with a couple crafted cocktails and Canapés, that are a nightly benefit for Diamonds. Really beautiful drinks, two plates of truly unique, flavorful bites. All with the view of Sunset over the kissing bridge, in an elegant bar setting. Just Stunning.

Then off to La Festa house Italian Restaurant, Maire. Italian chef, house made pasta. Really pretty restaurant, great real Italian flavor. Totally reasonable, Diamonds get a 25% discount on food and beverage, amazing value.

Evening finishes off with a jet ski show in the harbor. Much better than I would have imagined.

Later there is a light and water show in the structure to left of kissing bridge, lastly followed by 7 minute quite impressive fireworks show.

Never seen so much free quality entertainment from our patio or any of dozens of public spaces throughout the hotel.

Breakfast buffet, much more reminiscent of a Waldorf Astoria or Park Hyatt. Seriously impressed after having been here for only 20 hours.

Hotel quality is stellar throughout.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:16 pm

Continuation of stay update #3

Room(s): I booked our stay for 7 nights on pts. It worked out to 262k pts for 7 nights for March 1-8 2023.

I booked, as I always do, the cheapest king bed room relying upon upgrades for improvement (or use suite awards at brands that have them). So booked a non balcony king, that upon walking around means to my best understanding a street view room.

upon check in was offered a balcony king or a king balcony terrace which has a hot tub. Both with near center views to the kissing bridge. Chose the room with tub and chaise on balcony. Not a suite, yet a nice room.

The room itself is nice yet relatively small. Bathroom single sink, 1 chair and one desk chair in room. Everything however is brand new. So very comfortable. No bidet, just a wand, which would have been a welcomed addition. Shower is nice sized. Tile on balcony when wet is very slick.

the room received is a little more than 1.5x cost of the cash rate of the room booked, yet is 120k pts a night if booked directly w pts, so a decent, yet not stellar upgrade.

Have found generally that Hyatt, by far, to be most generous as to upgrades, especially in Asia.

Hope this helps
Old Mar 15, 2024, 8:47 am

Trying to get a prepayment link to utilize the Aspire $200 resort credit for this hotel for a July stay. As this is a newer hotel, management does not seem to be able to process my request. Anyone have any success?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:45 pm

Is it taxi to get to from the airport to the hotel? How much should the taxi be?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:01 pm

Couple answers to questions

Aspire credit was applied to bill a couple weeks after our stay. Book your trip. Aspire credit to my experience only gets applied post stay regardless of pre pay. It did however go through without any actions to make happen.

as to taxi service. If I recall, it’s by meter. There is grab to pre understand cost. Yet it is seriously reasonable. We headed first up north to Sheraton near Viv wonder. It was 20 bucks or so from there to La festa. Which is totally different side of island. I wouldn’t expect cab ride to LaFesta to be anymore than 10-15 USD max. Likely on the low side to lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.