Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Service Recovery Bonus x3 - Error?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by InfrequentFlyer2018; Jul 14, 2022 at 6:06 am Reason: based on advice from multiple FT users
Old Jul 13, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They might now.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
I know at properties I've worked at, on rare occasion there has been issues with website information/errors and that I'm aware of nothing was ever done. While it is a property's job to keep their site updated, at the end of the day Hilton approves all changes and sometimes that doesn't happen in a timely manner or during parts of the pandemic, at all. What should be done is nothing except be glad that someone made a large mistake in your favor.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:07 pm

Would never have posted here or anywhere else. Move along, nothing to see here...
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Original poster suggest deleting your post.

HH tracks and accumulates service recovery also. If you get what they deem to be too much service recovery over time, they may fire you as a customer. How much is too much? Not sure.

My point is if this hotel gave you 100 points then you have an issue at the next hotel and they give you another 100 points etc. this all adds up and is tracked.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:41 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Original poster suggest deleting your post.

HH tracks and accumulates service recovery also. If you get what they deem to be too much service recovery over time, they may fire you as a customer. How much is too much? Not sure.

My point is if this hotel gave you 100 points then you have an issue at the next hotel and they give you another 100 points etc. this all adds up and is tracked.
Simple solution: next 2 times the OP has an issue worth 40k points compensation, just take it on the chin. Also avoids the hassle of making a complaint
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by :D!
Simple solution: next 2 times the OP has an issue worth 40k points compensation, just take it on the chin. Also avoids the hassle of making a complaint
That is a good solution though unless it is the same hotel involved technically that isn't fair to the hotel that over paid for the points. But that is an internal issue not OP's fault.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by storewanderer
You're assuming that the points came from the property and even if they did, that the property did a proper service recovery so that it is trackable. If the property just used the online form to add points to a HH account, it could be for any reason and is not tracked/tied to the account the same way as a Service Recovery.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.