Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Early Check-In" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Early Check-In" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD

Originally Posted by hi55us
The answer is plain and simple. You're a diamond member, one of the benefits of Diamond is early check in and late check out. If a room was available, they should have provided it. No extra charge.
There's no such benefit for Diamonds I'm sorry.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
No, it's not a Hilton policy or if it is then many properties disregard it.

I remember a while back some chain was allowing to book a room for 24 hours and you select the time. I think this is a good idea.
That is the SPG Your24 option, which is a benefit ONLY for 75 Night Platinum or above customers. Very very exclusive.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rog92
That is the SPG Your24 option, which is a benefit ONLY for 75 Night Platinum or above customers. Very very exclusive.
A while back that option had no name but it was available to every customers. It did not last long. I guess it complicates the shifts of the cleaning personnel. So, it makes some sense that now SPG would reserve that benefit for its more exclusive customers.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Exterous
I think the key part isnt that they were going to charge but that they said it was a 'Hilton policy'. I've never been charged for an early check in at Hilton as a diamond or gold despite generally great luck with early room availability so either it's not a Hilton policy or a whole lot of properties are violating it. The closest I've ever gotten was "We did have you in a suite that is not available yet but we do have a standard room available now if you would prefer".
This. If a hotel wants to charge this fee, fine. But have the cojones to own it as a hotel policy and don't try to blame some made-up corporate policy. Now maybe the FDC really thought it was a corporate policy and/or didn't understand the difference between "corporate" and the property itself, but I suspect that management instructs staff to tell guests that it's Hilton policy.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I don't like this, personally. I completely understand that early check-in can't be guaranteed as there might not be a room available, but if there is it does not seem unreasonable to me to allow the guest to enter the room early. Most hotels will do the converse and sometimes have guests wait beyond 3pm, though I believe Hilton might have a 3pm guarantee?
I just checked into the Milton Keynes Doubletree this morning at 10am and received a room for free. I would not have been offended if my room was not ready, but charging as if I'm paying for a love hotel by the hour would not have been welcome.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The only time I've tried arriving that early at a Hilton was at the Palmer House in Chicago. It was about 7:30 am on a Friday in February and I had come in on a stupidly early flight from Houston. They had no problem giving me the room then, but I'm guessing they also had relatively low occupancy that day given the season. Plus this is a hotel with well over 1000 rooms so having a spare room probably isn't hard.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat
the downtown portland (oregon) hilton charges a fee for diamonds checking in early. i arrived at 11am. its beyond stupid to charge diamonds for an early check in. one reason i have tried to avoid hilton, with marriott's recent changes i may be at hilton more sadly.

hyatt, spg, and marriott have never asked for a fee. in fact, when i was a hyatt diamond the only time my room wasnt ready a few hours early i was allowed to wait in the lobby bar and have free drinks (this was the park hyatt dc)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: delta, hilton
Early Check In Rant

Went to check into my room on Sunday, arrived at the desk at 2:50pm. Was told that i was too early to check in and they had no rooms available that I would need to leave and come back later. I get that its a Sunday, but I was only 10 minutes early to check in time, and after traveling all morning all i wanted was a quick nap before sight seeing.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by met021345
Went to check into my room on Sunday, arrived at the desk at 2:50pm. Was told that i was too early to check in and they had no rooms available that I would need to leave and come back later. I get that its a Sunday, but I was only 10 minutes early to check in time, and after traveling all morning all i wanted was a quick nap before sight seeing.
LOL. 2:50pm isn't what I'd normally regard as "early check in" territory. Did they really tell you to leave the hotel? If so, care to name the property?

How did the request for a late checkout go? Let me guess, they offered you 12PM
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What is the published check-in time for the property and at what time were you able to check in?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
This has happened to me before - typically at convention hotels where people check in en masse. Both recent times were at different Hilton Garden Inns (Austin, TX and Washington, DC).
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:05 am

It was a hilton garden inn. And they told me that I should leave and come back later and hopefully a room would be ready.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
So please tell us whether it was a convention hotel (#4) and what the stated and actual CI times were (#3).
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
So please tell us whether it was a convention hotel (#4) and what the stated and actual CI times were (#3).

No, it was about 40 minutes from newark airport in NJ. Check in time was 3pm. They were hosting something, just didn't know what.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by met021345
No, it was about 40 minutes from newark airport in NJ. Check in time was 3pm. They were hosting something, just didn't know what.
That's half the question,e.g., 3:00 PM. What time was your room ready?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.