Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

RIP to the 10k per night US Hampton Inns (and one HGI)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor

All of these were still bookable at 10k last week... I think there were a few others I am missing here that were still 10k but I don't know where they were. Rural central US/plains states for sure. But definitely none in KS, MN, ND, SD, WY, NE.

In the past week, the last of these 10k point US properties have become 15k point properties:

Tulsa, OK-HGI-Tulsa South
Tulsa, OK-Hampton-Bixby
Miami, OK-Hampton

In the past week, the last of these 10k point US Hampton Inns have become 20k point Hampton Inns.

These Hamptons I knew of were:
Deming, NM
Lordsburg, NM
La Junta, CO
Clarksville, AR

Pretty steep for Lordsburg and La Junta, in my opinion. Having been there before... the 15k rates in OK are okay I suppose. Let's see how long they stay 15k...
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Wow that's really steep for Lordsburg. Not much else in the area though.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:26 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The Hampton Inn La Junta was a miserable stay even at 10K points.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The interface and functionality seems to have changed with the Points Explorer tool, as it does not seem to work as well as it once did.

When I have some time, I intend to see what I can do to figure out how to best use it...

...but the good news is that the hotel properties which require only 5,000 points per night and 10,000 points per night are not completely gone — although that seems to be the case in the United States — as countries such as Turkey still seem to have them available.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice/Best Western
Add cleburne, tx to to the list as well. Two weeks ago I stayed there for 10,000. Just for giggles, I looked it up today and poof, up to 15,000.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:08 pm

Hampton Inn. Farmington NM.

Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:21 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gburn07
Add cleburne, tx to to the list as well. Two weeks ago I stayed there for 10,000. Just for giggles, I looked it up today and poof, up to 15,000.
I stayed there when it was one of the tiny handful of 5,000 point properties
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
I used to stay at the Hampton Inn Lake Guntersville, AL for 10k per night, when just looked now...its lowest is 25k per night.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice/Best Western
I'd like to figure out the algorithm for dynamic pricing/points as some increase point value with any change (increase) in rate while others I have seen show the same point value no matter any rate changes. This includes booking close to day of reservation when nearly sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.