Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Total number of Hiltons you have stayed in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Total number of Hiltons you have stayed in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aww3583
I’m around 140 different properties and coming up on 800 lifetime nights.
Broke mine out by brand...

53 Hampton
23 Hilton Garden
22 Hilton
18 Doubletree
13 Embassy
10 Homewood
4 Waldorf
1 Independent
1 Tapestry
1 Curio
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
This is a fun reminiscence; I can probably go back and figure it out via email confirmations -- might be an interesting exercise when I have some downtime -- but I suspect it's somewhere between 150-250 unique hotels -- my travel is probably about 75% places I'll go once and never return to and 25% semi-regular returns.

All of the Hilton Garden Inns and Hampton Inns start to blend together after a while.

I know
  • I've stayed at Hilton-family properties in 37 states + DC (missing Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin; of those I've visited New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin -- the others I haven't set foot in at all yet [my goal is to hit all 50 before I'm 50])
  • I've stayed at Hilton-family properties in 3 Canadian provinces (BC, ON, QC)
  • I've stayed at Hilton-family properties on 5 continents (North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Australia) and ~14 countries (I'm realizing that there are actually far more countries I've visited without staying in a Hilton-family hotel than there are states (Holy See, Bermuda, UAE, Mongolia, China, Germany, South Korea being the most notable exceptions -- Typically because the client did the travel arrangements)
  • I've partaken in the Hilton, Curio, DoubleTree, Embassy, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru (1x), Homewood Suites, Hilton Grand Vacations, Waldorf Astoria (3x), and Conrad (1x), but not Tapestry, Tempo, Motto, Home2, LXR, Canopy or Signia brands

Most (consistently) disappointing property - Homewood Suites Richmond Airport
Most memorable property - Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri (in my top 2-3 stays worldwide)
Single property with greatest number of nights (educated guess) - Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Airport
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Is there a way to get this overview from the website?
I have been a diamond for 10+ years now with a mix of stay/nights and base points qualifications.

When the honors rep was looking into it for me a few years ago their response showed 10 years diamond and only 470 nights.. Lifetime is quote heard to reach compared to other chains (Bonvoy 10 years, 500 nights). But too late for me to start chasing lifetime status from scratch.

Globalist
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:21 am

Fun question; will use a couple of the responses above to synthesize mine. About 190 properties, all but about 10% within the US:

By Brand:
Conrad:2
Doubletree: 25
Embassy Suites:28
Hampton Inn: 18
Hilton: 45
HGI:42
Homewood:27
Tru: 1
Waldorf-Astoria:1

Most frequented: (estimated): Doubletree Suites Philadelphia West or HGI Milford CT.
Most Memorable: Toss up between W-A Rome Cavalieri and Conrad Macau
There have been a handful of disappointing experiences, for different reasons, but was generally happy with the places where I stayed regularly.

Last edited by vonsnooks; Apr 7, 2022 at 12:07 pm
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have stayed at 239 Hilton properties and I even have a list of them! The break down is:

Canopy: 2
Conrad: 11
Curio: 4
Doubletree: 34
Embassy Suites: 10
Hampton Inn: 68
Hilton: 57
Hilton Garden Inn: 40
Home2 Suites: 1
Homewood Suites: 2
Tapestry: 2
Tru: 1
Waldorf Astoria: 6
DELee likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by :D!
I would be more interested in someone who has been to every Hampton in the world.
I knew a guy once whose ambition was to eat at every Pizza Hut in the world. I wonder how successful he was. He had amassed hundreds 15 years ago.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Earlier this year I hit 1000 nights. When they sent me a really nice lifetime Diamond gift I got a booklet and it had my stay stats in it. I have stayed at over 300 unique properties. I was dumbfounded and saddened of how many years of my life I stayed in Hilton hotels. Forget the fact I’m almost lifetime Marriott platinum too.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post # 4)
I’m around 140 different properties and coming up on 800 lifetime nights.
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant (Post # 5)
Is there somewhere on our accounts where you can see that total?
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman (Post # 9)
Geez, that's what I was thinking. Who the heck keeps track of this kind of thing? I'm sure I've stayed at over a hundred different properties over the years, but I certainly don't keep track...
Hilton Honors information technology (IT) has been promising that lifetime-night total to us for years, viewable online. There was an entire thread devoted solely to this core issue, but it was merged into and dispersed within the general Lifetime Diamond thread.

Originally Posted by johnndor (Post # 21)
446 stays, and 808 nights

Diamond for 10 years, short of Lifetime due to total nights/basepoints
Originally Posted by hotscot (Post # 28)
You can request a record of all your stays from Hilton, but as far as I know it only goes back a certain time.
Originally Posted by Globalist (Post # 33)
Is there a way to get this overview from the website?
I have been a diamond for 10+ years now with a mix of stay/nights and base points qualifications.

When the honors rep was looking into it for me a few years ago their response showed 10 years diamond and only 470 nights. Lifetime is quote [hard] to reach compared to other chains (Bonvoy 10 years, [6]00 nights). But too late for me to start chasing lifetime status from scratch.
Originally Posted by rkaradi (Post # 37)
Earlier this year I hit 1000 nights. When they sent me a really nice lifetime Diamond gift I got a booklet and it had my stay stats in it. I have stayed at over 300 unique properties. I was dumbfounded and saddened of how many years of my life I stayed in Hilton hotels. Forget the fact I’m almost lifetime Marriott platinum too.
Our lifetime nights total should be available for viewing in our online account details.

But instead we have been HHonored by Hilton IT.

The only way our lifetime total nights will be made available online will be if enough guests continue to request Hilton Honors to do so.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
You guys are scaring me with your excel spreadsheets tracking this sort of thing!
BigFishDave and Cymro like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Soon, it'll be five Hiltons within five days in Mexico City. Got a new Aspire credit card so I am anxious to see what I'll get. Doubletree in Santa Fe (D.F.), Umbral Curio Collection, Hilton Reforma, Hilton Santa Fe (D.F.), and Hampton Inn.
The Hilton Santa FE is a lot better than the DT, along with in a slightly better location. I actually started doing the JW Marriott since they have the better club, but the rooms/ suites are better at the Hilton. I have also done the Westin Santa FE once or twice but would rank that after the Hilton.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
If I had to guess, I would say 4 to 5 hundred. I have over 3K nighs with Hilton over roughly 20 years. I would be interested to see how to get a list, along with I know some of the hotels are no longer associated with Hilton.

If I have to guess the hotel with the most Stays would be the"The roanoke" (Doubletree/ Curio) in Roanoke virgin, Double Tree Cherry Hill NJ, both of which I did roughly an 18-month project from Monday - Thursday. Normally stayed at an airport hotel Thursday night to keep my Sheraton/ Marriott status up at the time.

Othe common Hotel is the Double Tree London's Tower, where I stay roughly every 6 weeks, for the last 5 years minus covid.

Last edited by troyintn; Jul 17, 2022 at 10:05 am
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
You guys are scaring me with your excel spreadsheets tracking this sort of thing!
Lots of geeks amongst us. I'm one of them!
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, if you make a request to Hilton for your personal data and they agree to send you the info they're keeping about you, you might get 3 spreadsheets.

Here's how they were described by Hilton:
  1. Personal Data: This report includes your contact information, such as your name, address, and phone number, as well as any partnership information we hold. Partnership information may include a AAA number you provided to Hilton, or whether you have connected your Hilton Honors and Amazon accounts. If you are a Hilton Honors member, the report will also include your Honors number, tier and current number of points.
  2. Search History: This report shows the Hilton properties that you have viewed online while visiting Hilton.com, or when using the Hilton App.
  3. Stay Records: This report shows your stay history at Hilton properties. The report includes stays that were completed or canceled, as well as future stays. The report also indicates whether the property you visited is managed by Hilton or is a franchised property. Please be advised that if you stayed at or otherwise visited one or more franchised properties, those hotels may hold personal data related to you that Hilton does not control and cannot access. Please contact those franchise hotels directly if you would like to make a DSR request with one or more of those properties.

Here's the field info per file:

1. Personal_Data contains the following columns:
name e-mail address(es) phone number(s) phone type physical addresses address type HH number honors tier honors points government/military amex co-brand cardholder travel partners+loyalty numbers
2. Search_History contains the following columns:
property name city state/province country search date
3. Stay_Records contains the following columns:
hotel name city state/province country arrival date departure date stay status stay type confirmation number managed/franchised

So if you want your spreadsheet data to look like what Hilton at least is tracking, the fields are listed above.

David
Old Jul 17, 2022, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
Lots of geeks amongst us. I'm one of them!
how far back does that date go?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by troyintn
how far back does that date go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.