Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Home2 Suites by Hilton Boise Downtown {US-ID}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Didn’t see this property listed yet. Presumably because it opened very recently (August 2020) so I added it to the wiki.

I had a 2-night stay with them a couple of days ago and was quite happy with it. The rooms are very Home2 Suites-like (basically they all look the same where ever you go). Complementary breakfast was quite simple but ok for me. One point of awareness might be that they have a pet-friendly policy. So I did notice quite some hairs in my room and that may offend some people (it wasn’t too much for me to make a complaint about it). A neighbouring couple had 2 dogs in their room but luckily I didn’t here them.

The main hotel entrance is at the backside, covered by the adjoining parking house. They have a gym and small pool but I didn’t try them out. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

On a side-note, Boise is quite a walkable city. But pay attention to the lack of public transport on Sundays. At the time of writing this post (Jan-20) there were no bus services at all. So you might need to rely on taxis or ride sharing apps to get you to the airport if you need to (the hotel doesn’t have a shuttle service).
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
I stayed here for 4 nights during Thanksgiving week 2021. Our room had two queen beds and a sofa bed. Hot and cold breakfast options were available.

They have a parking garage and if your room is on the 5th floor, you are instructed to park on the 5th floor of the parking garage and enter the hotel that way using your key to gain entry to the level. Your key should only work on the floor you are actually staying on. It added a layer of security knowing that just anyone couldn't walk in. I believe we were charged $15 per day to self park in the garage.

The pool is made for smaller kids and toddlers. My kids are 13 and 10 but did not use the pool, but the kiddos that were there were having a blast.

I have family in Boise and this hotel is definitely one I would stay at again.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by StanStorby
On a side-note, Boise is quite a walkable city. But pay attention to the lack of public transport on Sundays. At the time of writing this post (Jan-20) there were no bus services at all. So you might need to rely on taxis or ride sharing apps to get you to the airport if you need to (the hotel doesn’t have a shuttle service).
Yeah, we don't have public transportation worth a darn at all here (I have a house in the area). The demand just isn't there, it's not needed in a small city, etc. Plus if you're going up north to the ski hills or McCall, etc. you're going to want a car. If not, staying downtown and catching an Uber/walking/bike rental to cruise around the Greenbelt river area and University/Capitol areas in the summer is plentiful, cheap, and efficient. Boise is always voted like "most bikable city" and such by magazines that do such things. Plus we have a New Year's Eve Potato Drop, so there's that.

In addition to the new HGI, Home2, and Homewoods in the area that just were built in the last year or so The established Hampton downtown is smack central, and has a fun pool upstairs for the littles with a cute splash park vibe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.