Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Will Hilton Certs that expire 1/3/22 be extended?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold

I saw recently that Marriott had extended the expiration dates on Certs. I still have 2 certs that have been extended a few times and are now set to expire 1/3/22.

Has anyone heard any rumors that Hilton might extend them one last time? Would hate to lose them.
bryanb and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:40 pm

Someone was offered 2 extra weeks.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l#post33703239

Hilton rep started a separate thread:
Extending Free Weekend Night Reward certificates

Last edited by rrgg; Nov 12, 2021 at 3:03 pm
Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by san888
I saw recently that Marriott had extended the expiration dates on Certs. I still have 2 certs that have been extended a few times and are now set to expire 1/3/22.

Has anyone heard any rumors that Hilton might extend them one last time? Would hate to lose them.
I’m in the same boat. I have great plans to travel Q1 and Q2 next year. I could burn the certificate this year, with a small local stay down the street, but it feels like a rather unenjoyable way to make value out of it. Even a small extension like Marriott recently tacked on would be so very appreciated!
Old Nov 12, 2021, 2:40 pm

I think people should just keep contacting hilton about this. Maybe they'll rethink it if there's a constant flow of complaint or inquiry for extension.

It's still not easy to travel right now. And considering all the risk (getting a positive PCR and missing flight home), Hilton expecting people to travel in the current condition is rather irresponsible and absurd.
san888 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 3:16 pm

I just made a booking for March 2022, I used up the two certs that I have set to expire in 07/2022 and 12/2022. I asked if I could use the 01/03/2022 cert and I was told flat out no. Oh well. I will wait and see if Hilton officially extends it or if there are datapoints of successful extensions, otherwise I will just find some staycation to use it for.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I just made a booking for March 2022, I used up the two certs that I have set to expire in 07/2022 and 12/2022. I asked if I could use the 01/03/2022 cert and I was told flat out no. Oh well. I will wait and see if Hilton officially extends it or if there are data points of successful extensions, otherwise I will just find some staycation to use it for.
This really frustrates me. It's not that I don't want to use them just haven't gone anywhere nice. I live close to NYC but with Covid restrictions and other issues with the city don't want to go there right now.
Maybe I'll figure something out for December but was hoping they would extend one last time till summer of 2022. OH WELL such a waste.......
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: AS 75k
I called in to use a certificate with a 12/31/22 expiration date. Since I had two others that were expiring 1/2/22, I asked if I could use all 3 for a reservation in late February. The agent put me on hold for a few minutes twice (once for each of the two expiring certificates) and got them extended to the end of February.
drod likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by flymonthly
I called in to use a certificate with a 12/31/22 expiration date. Since I had two others that were expiring 1/2/22, I asked if I could use all 3 for a reservation in late February. The agent put me on hold for a few minutes twice (once for each of the two expiring certificates) and got them extended to the end of February.
Did you just call the number on your card and do you have a name for your CSR?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by HIFlya
Did you just call the number on your card and do you have a name for your CSR?
I just called 1-800-446-6677 (1-800-4HONORS). Sorry, I don't recall the agent's name, but they were in FL.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:14 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by flymonthly
Did you get an email or something with the revised date?
I don't trust them not to screw it up. Be a disaster to arrive at the hotel and they won't honor the certs.

At least with the other chains you can see your certs in your account, but with Hilton you have to trust them unless you have the email
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by soy
Did you get an email or something with the revised date?
I don't trust them not to screw it up. Be a disaster to arrive at the hotel and they won't honor the certs.

At least with the other chains you can see your certs in your account, but with Hilton you have to trust them unless you have the email
Ask and you shall receive - the free night certificates now show up in your account on the Hilton.com website. See this new FT thread - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...ount-page.html

And yes, my two certificates (that previously expired on 1/2/22) show up correctly with the new expiration date of 2/28/22.
soy and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.