Search

Increased Pet Fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Choice/Best Western
Increased Pet Fees

We found the need to upgrade our stays from Choice and Best Western properties due to ongoing cleanliness issues when bringing our dog on travels. It seems as if standards have really taken a downhill spiral and the dog nearly ingesting pills in near plain sight had us say goodbye to lower prices and hello to a much more consistent producer since we switched to Hilton a little over a year ago. We do a lot of weekend leisure travel and found zero issues since the switch with some 20 different locations. I was aware of the less available pet friendly hotels within the brand, but we have managed to find at least one pet friendly location I'm each of our travels. Our concern goes with the recent increase in nearly half of our reservations for the next year (we plan ahead). I always mark down the pet fee and note of the original email of the charges. One check on some upcoming reservations noted over half of them had increases ($25 to $50) ($50 to 75) ($50 to 100$!). The one night pet fee now gets even more out of hand, but I know what I dealt with when we spent less. This is an fyi alongside wanting to see if anyone else noticed this as well. It just appears to be another money grab in my opinion as I doubt (75 to 100dollars) of labor go into additional cleaning of a standard HI room.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by gburn07
It just appears to be another money grab in my opinion as I doubt (75 to 100dollars) of labor go into additional cleaning of a standard HI room.
Of course there is not $75-100 worth of extra cleaning costs. The fee is meant to discourage pets in the first place, same as on airlines.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 10:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Choice/Best Western
I say, why even offer pet friendly rooms then? It is a shame as we have a Homewood and HI that charge $25 and $15 respectively per stay, which is certainly fair and both are spotless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.