Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Vallarta Riviera All-Inclusive Resort

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2023, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Zeromus-X
We booked it outright after seeing how (relatively) inexpensive it was close-in. Cash rate ended up being about $600/nt. With Aspire and Diamond points multiplier (assuming points value of $0.005), Aspire Hilton resort credit, and a $200 AmEx Hilton Mexico promo, actual cost ended up being about $450/nt.I

Haven’t had a chance to update from the last post but they had to send maintenance up to fill or empty the hot tub over a few days and didn’t offer to move us (possibly couldn’t?). Quite inconvenient especially for the price. Other than that the room and property were great. They added a burger and taco truck since last time (included) and the tacos were fantastic. Burger truck line was an hour long so didn’t attempt. Also new was a $20 add-on for cabana rentals which added a 15 minute foot/leg massage (worth it).

I didn’t partake myself but the wife said the deep tissue massage and facial at the spa were well worth it too.

Bring your own Yeti tumblers to the pool and they’ll fill those with whatever you want too, including “vodka on the rocks, no rocks” right before closing, to have drinks in the room. 👍🏻
Sounds awesome! Cabana rental for only $20? Most resorts I stay at are easily $100-$150. Large enough for 4, or are they smaller or something?
Old Jun 8, 2023, 11:56 am

Programs: DL, HH, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Sounds awesome! Cabana rental for only $20? Most resorts I stay at are easily $100-$150. Large enough for 4, or are they smaller or something?
Sorry for any confusion -- the $20 is an upgrade for the massage. The cabanas themselves are about $60 (and are IMO worth it if you'll be spending the day there or wandering the beach). There are plenty of chairs if you don't want a cabana, but it can sometimes be hard to find two together, and the sun is no joke if you can't get one with an umbrella!

I haven't contacted Hilton about the maintenance situation yet, the hotel didn't do anything proactively at checkout or based on the survey. Overall we were happy with the stay, but would stick with a base room next time unless we were going with a large group that wanted a central room to hang out (for which the Governors Suite would be perfect). We love the resort but it becomes difficult to overlook some of its flaws at the $600/nt price point.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Zeromus-X
We had no problem walking into two restaurants last trip without a reservation (all other meals were off-site or we just had room service). I've heard the same thing but would assume it's only on weekends or busy events. They have a lot of restaurants on site relative to most other AIs that we've seen.

For this trip I did make a reservation for the first night since we're getting in fairly late and will be hungry and don't want to chance it. But normally we wouldn't bother.

Just got back from a 4 night stay on cash. Got upgraded from partial view 2 queen to a enclave king suite.
I am glad we emailed the concierge on the Sunday (this is when they release the restaurant schedule) of the week we arrive to make reservations. The resort was full and had long wait times for people without reservations for dinner. You can definitely make resos when you are there but in sparse times.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by srikrishna84
I just made a Reservation with Points and AMEX Night as well and the phone agent told me i will be charged for the 10 yr old child. Anyone knows if there is an additional charge for the 10 yr old? The Hilton website does not list anything when making a points reservation. Just shows 80K Points
Update on this? Have a few certs and would love to use it on a four person room occupancy
Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Update on this? Have a few certs and would love to use it on a four person room occupancy
I've been communicating with Hilton Vallarta trying to set up a stay for my family on Spring Break. There will definitely be an additional charge per child, but I don't know specifically what it costs. Every time I've communicated with them they've said "adding your two extra children to that room upgrade would cost X." I don't think it will be a ton, not like adding an adult since kids don't drink alcohol or (typically) consume the most expensive meals. But you can see the price difference at this resort for that when going through the process of booking a room for 1, check the price, then try booking it again for 2 in the same category and see how the price changes.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 8:49 am

I have officially booked a trip to this resort for next March/April. Booked 4 nights on points with 5th night free and used two FNCs. Going to do the paid upgrade to the Presidential ($720/night) as it is really the only option to have 2 adults and 2 kids in a room with any sort of privacy. Really looking forward to visiting this part of Mexico and seeing the resort.
bamboola likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 9:46 am

I have officially booked a trip to this resort for next March/April. Booked 4 nights on points with 5th night free and used two FNCs. Going to do the paid upgrade to the Presidential ($720/night) as it is really the only option to have 2 adults and 2 kids in a room with any sort of privacy. Really looking forward to visiting this part of Mexico and seeing the resort.
I'm jealous! I stayed in the Governor's Suite below the Presidential. For the first week, no one was in the Master Suite below me or in the Presidential.

Then, the hotel got busy. I felt sorry for the people in the Master Suite because I could see/hear everything when they were on the terrace.

The Presidential Suite was occupied one day. I could see the occupants on the terrace, and I am sure they could see much more of us.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
I'm jealous! I stayed in the Governor's Suite below the Presidential. For the first week, no one was in the Master Suite below me or in the Presidential.

Then, the hotel got busy. I felt sorry for the people in the Master Suite because I could see/hear everything when they were on the terrace.

The Presidential Suite was occupied one day. I could see the occupants on the terrace, and I am sure they could see much more of us.

Enjoy!
Thanks, we really have no idea what to expect! I watched some of the old vids before Hilton bought the hotel and it seems like there is a road behind the hotel you can hear from the rooms? Not too concerned about it, the room will just be a retreat between times down at the pool in a cabana and before/after dinner.

Do you have any tips for the resort in general? We know we'll spring for a cabana the whole trip, but looking for any other insights or recommendations you have. Thank you.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 11:04 am

Thanks, we really have no idea what to expect! I watched some of the old vids before Hilton bought the hotel and it seems like there is a road behind the hotel you can hear from the rooms? Not too concerned about it, the room will just be a retreat between times down at the pool in a cabana and before/after dinner.

Do you have any tips for the resort in general? We know we'll spring for a cabana the whole trip, but looking for any other insights or recommendations you have. Thank you.
We did not bother to pay for a cabana. The loungers on the terrace provide a beautiful ocean view. Relaxing on our own terrace meant that we could use our jacuzzi and dine in-room at the big table on the terrace.

We only drink at dinner, so poolside drinks throughout the day wasn't important. I would consider a poolside cabana only if you plan to drink throughout the day. Otherwise, it is simply a quick elevator ride to the various bars and then back up again.

I definitely recommend in-room dining. Some restaurants say they won't provide items that are not on the in-room dining menu. A quick consultation with the concierge is all that it takes for us to order anything we want. Service was prompt and good. It helps to be a LTD.

When we checked in, the cleaning team showed up to thoroughly clean the furniture on the terrace. They even left some cleaning supplies so that I could quickly dust off the table when needed.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 5:35 pm

We did not bother to pay for a cabana. The loungers on the terrace provide a beautiful ocean view. Relaxing on our own terrace meant that we could use our jacuzzi and dine in-room at the big table on the terrace.

We only drink at dinner, so poolside drinks throughout the day wasn't important. I would consider a poolside cabana only if you plan to drink throughout the day. Otherwise, it is simply a quick elevator ride to the various bars and then back up again.

I definitely recommend in-room dining. Some restaurants say they won't provide items that are not on the in-room dining menu. A quick consultation with the concierge is all that it takes for us to order anything we want. Service was prompt and good. It helps to be a LTD.

When we checked in, the cleaning team showed up to thoroughly clean the furniture on the terrace. They even left some cleaning supplies so that I could quickly dust off the table when needed.
Do you have any menu PDFs? Curious what's on offer...
Old Oct 28, 2023, 6:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
it seems like there is a road behind the hotel you can hear from the rooms? Not too concerned about it, the room will just be a retreat between times down at the pool in a cabana and before/after dinner.
The road is a small two-lane one, and it's behind the hotel. There's a hallway and a wall between your heavy room door and the road, not to mention the landscaping and right-of-way. You've probably got either wave-noise from open balcony or air conditioning noise covering anything up too. So, long story short – I don't recall hearing road noise while in the room or when out on the balcony, but I was up quite a few floors as well. Regardless, I'd always suggest you ask for as high floor room you can: nice views of the whales and the ocean, and you don't hear the people in the pool as much either.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Do you have any menu PDFs? Curious what's on offer...
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/pvr...resort/dining/

The in-room dining menu is not listed above. When you check in, you can scan the QR code for all menus. You can also email the hotel now for what items are available for in-room dining.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
The road is a small two-lane one, and it's behind the hotel. There's a hallway and a wall between your heavy room door and the road, not to mention the landscaping and right-of-way. You've probably got either wave-noise from open balcony or air conditioning noise covering anything up too. So, long story short – I don't recall hearing road noise while in the room or when out on the balcony, but I was up quite a few floors as well. Regardless, I'd always suggest you ask for as high floor room you can: nice views of the whales and the ocean, and you don't hear the people in the pool as much either.
Very true. The hallway and the door insulates the room from the street noise. Cynapse has booked the Presidential Suite, which is on the top (14th) floor. He won't hear anything.

He will also get a get an excellent view of the Mexican Buffet and Show on the beach if he decides not to attend that event.
Cynapse likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 8:36 pm

My wife is an attorney so she drinks A LOT on vacation. 🤣🤣🤣 We definitely consume a ton of alcohol on all-inclusive vacations. We will spend a lot of time near the beach as we have kids around 10 and they love the sand, so a cabana down around there seems appropriate.

Thanks for the in room dining tip, especially about using the concierge. This will be our first top tier suite experience so we will be sure to utilize the out of norm requests like that, it’ll make for a much better experience.
bamboola likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:34 pm

How is this resort with younger kids (5 and 8)? Is there a kid's club or kid's pool? I didn't see one online. Looking at going either going here, back to Tulum, or La Romana in the Dominican with the family to burn some points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.