Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Singapore Orchard {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Singapore Orchard {SGP}

The Hilton Orchard Singapore is now promoting a Jan 2022 opening date on its website (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/sin...apore-orchard/), along with listing room types and also sharing some concept images, a few of which I've plonked below.

For those not up to speed, the Hilton Orchard is in fact the old Mandarin Orchard at 333 Orchard Road but with the benefit of a $90m upgrade, while the old Hilton Singapore is becoming an IHG Voco.

Hilton Orchard Singapore location as per Google Maps:
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
If only we could actually go to Singapore....

I wonder about pricing. I don't think this is up yet. If it is lower than St Regis then I may actually stay in Hilton - closer to subway and not much further to Botanic Garden where I like to stroll in the morning before it gets hot.
djsflynn and jefftiger like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, you'd have to wonder about pricing: on the one hand you'd expect the usual special launch rates, with an added 'cut-price COVID' element, but you'd also have to think that Singapore should have opened at least to fully vax'd travellers from a lot of countries by Jan 2022. However, even if that's subdued, the local 'staycation' market should see plenty of demand, especially as they love checking into and checking out new hotels.

I'll much prefer this location to the 'old' Hilton. Let's face it, many decades ago that end of Orchard Road was more happening, and the Hilton's position halfway between Tanglin and Scotts seemed well-suited for a mix of business and pleasure, but things have largely shifted eastwards and also the Scotts/Orchard area can be a nightmare on weekends.

[Clarification: when I say the old Hilton's locale was good for both 'business and pleasure', the 'pleasure' of which I speak was shopping along Orchard Road, not popping across the road to Orchard Towers!]

Last edited by djsflynn; Jun 25, 2021 at 1:11 am
Old Jul 8, 2021, 7:35 pm

Looks really nice! My in laws are traveling there soon.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:47 am
Original Poster

FYI, Hilton Orchard Singapore now open for bookings, so one can check pricing. An ambit look at mid-March shows starting rates at S$310 for the King Deluxe Room, S$352 for a King Premium Room, S$412 for a King Executive Room, with suites from S$522 up to S$1,699 (that being of course for a King Presidential Suite) – all those prices +10% 'service charge'.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
A bit on the high side in my book even if on Orchard and renovated. I guess they are optimistic about their chances to compete in the market.
jefftiger likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
The new Hilton is coming.. checked prices for end March 2022 and it is more expensive than Conrad..

Has anyone had any feedback on facilities (pool, sauna, gym) and lounge?

Globalist

Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:00 am

The new Hilton Singapore Orchard, pictured in the post above, should probably get its own new thread, so people don't confuse earlier posts about the departed Hilton Singapore property with this different one...
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
[QUOTE=Globalist;33945312]The new Hilton is coming.. checked prices for end March 2022 and it is more expensive than Conrad..

Globalist
/QUOTE]

Will probably try it for a night, and then head back to my cocoon at the Conrad next time I'm in town .
Globalist likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Globalist
The new Hilton is coming.. checked prices for end March 2022 and it is more expensive than Conrad..

Globalist
Good luck with getting higher rates than what the Mandarin achieved ... I was not impressed with the (old) Hilton Singapore's management - I had a reservation there during November 2021 and they wrote me demanding a S$1,600 "cleaning fee" if tested Covid positive upon landing at the airport; I booked the Hyatt instead who made no such demand! Shows how much it means to be a Hilton Diamond and a Hyatt nobody!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Well the hotel has now opened. I have a stay next month and an email response to some queries I sent has said the lounge isn't open yet and to check back closer to the time.
Globalist likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 12:47 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
The Hotel Manager is Bobby, he comes from Conrad Bangkok. Great guy and looks after members well
teemuflyer and Schwann like this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
Well the hotel has now opened. I have a stay next month and an email response to some queries I sent has said the lounge isn't open yet and to check back closer to the time.
I hope you have a great stay, and have an opportunity to report back on your observations..
Schwann likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I hope you have a great stay, and have an opportunity to report back on your observations..
Will do, for sure!

Originally Posted by gav0106
The Hotel Manager is Bobby, he comes from Conrad Bangkok. Great guy and looks after members well
Never stayed at the Conrad in Bangkok but that sounds positive. They pre-emptively upgraded my room from City View to Executive on return of my email so that was a good start. Fingers crossed for a suite upgrade closer to the time and that the lounge opens!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Planning to visit SG for the first time in May. I'm currently sitting on 240k Hilton pts and thinking about using the 5th night free promo (buy 4 standard nights via pts, get 1 free). Curious if it would be better to stay at Hilton Orchard or Conrad. Standard awards are going for 60k/night at both properties. Better = chances for suite upgrade, Exec Lounge quality, Diamond Breakfast, facilities, location, etc. Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.