Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2 reservations for same night. Will they cancel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 reservations for same night. Will they cancel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
2 Reservations under same name on same day

Forgive me if this has been discussed. I've tried using the Search engine but with no luck. Guess I am not wording it correctly. I want to book a room for 2 nights with myself an my husband at BOS.He is GOLD. I would like to bring my father with us has a little gift for him and stay in a different room.
Can I book TWO different reservations under that same name on the same day so the hubby can get more points ?

Thanks
flyiboy
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Search term 'multiple, rooms' finds this thread to a common question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-thread.html
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
From the HiltonHonors terms and conditions:
5.A Member may earn Base Points for up to two rooms per stay, if all eligible charges for both rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on both rooms. The term "eligible folio charges" is defined below. Bonus Points issued on Base Points, including tier bonuses (15%, 25% or 50%, depending on Member tier), Bonus Points earned through the HHonors Points and HHonors Points Earning Style Option and double or triple Base point promotions, will apply to the total Base point credit earned for both rooms. For any other bonuses, including HHonors Marketing Partner Bonus Points and other promotional bonuses, Bonus Points will be awarded on one room only. For purposes of obtaining tier status, a Member may receive one stay credit on one room only. For purposes of earning miles for stays, miles may only be earned on one room only.
In addition to the thread above, see also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-2-rooms.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...us-points.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ple-rooms.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...o+rooms+points
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Same folio is the key.
Ask at checkin, because I have never had two rooms to end up on the same folio without inquiring at the hotel.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I've tried to get credit doing this at two different hotels on the same night, but I only got credit for one.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by donjo
I've tried to get credit doing this at two different hotels on the same night, but I only got credit for one.
That is correct: you can only receive credit for one hotel per night. HHonors figures (correctly) that you can not be in two places at once.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:16 am

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I book two rooms all the time and I always get full credits for the two when placed within the same folio. When booked separately, the hotel usually ask me if I want them combined into one folio at check-in or check-out. But I've also gotten credit for two rooms when I kept them in separate folios.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
One day I will check into a hotel at MNL at 3 p.m., check out at 8 p.m. and then catch the 2200 to LAX, checking in again before 8 p.m. on the same date.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Two reservations: same dates, different places?

Hello, I have a reservation in my hhonors account for a stay at a hilton in Naples. I was looking at other hotels, this time in Fort Lauderdale and I was wondering if I could make another reservation for the same dates in a hilton in Fort Lauderdale without canceling the first one.
With airfares if you make a reservation for two tickets on the same company, and same dates, one of them gets cancelled. I was wondering if hotels had the same restrictions.
Also, is there any way to chat with hilton regarding some questions about the property?
Thanks!!

Last edited by tuchop; May 31, 2015 at 11:22 am
Old May 31, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by tuchop
Hello, I have a reservation in my hhonors account for a stay at a hilton in Naples. I was looking at other hotels, this time in Fort Lauderdale and I was wondering if I could make another reservation for the same dates in a hilton in Fort Lauderdale without canceling the first one...
I've done this several times for stays well in the future when I wasn't yet certain which property I wanted to use. Both reservations stayed in my account without any problems. Of course I canceled one of the reservations as soon as I knew where I wanted to end up.
Old May 31, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I've done this several times for stays well in the future when I wasn't yet certain which property I wanted to use. Both reservations stayed in my account without any problems. Of course I canceled one of the reservations as soon as I knew where I wanted to end up.

Thanks for the answer!
That's the idea. I phoned my travel agency and they could not confirm something until tomorrow, so I was going to book both and tomorrow once I get the call from the TA, i would cancel one of them.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I did it many times, no problem at all
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
You should be fine as long as neither one is non refundable (obviously). You can actually check in for both it would only be a problem if you wanted to earn points for both.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
We have a mutual account and have had stays in two different hotels on the same night with no problems at all. I do cancel as soon as I make a decision if I am trying to decide between two properties
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:29 pm

thanks for the answers!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.