Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Amex Aspire question

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
I did a similar upgrade to this a year or 2 ago and they prorated the Aspire annual fee, and refunded the remaining stub annual fee from the $95 card (forgot name)
Old May 29, 2021, 1:26 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Originally Posted by sethb
But be careful: if you upgrade, you often get a much smaller (or no) bonus for initial spend.
Upgrading the card = 150k point after $4k spend, confirmed on phone by Amex. Interestingly, they could not push it through on the phone. They said the only way is through the method of delivery, which was email. Done.

They also dropped a 12-month 0% APR on the card for typical spend (people do some weird scam stuff). I pay it off monthly, but hey...why not have a little safety net.

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
Are you upgrading from another card? I upgraded from the Surpass card a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure they prorated the fee for the remaining time until my card anniversary date.
Yep So to be specific, the prorated charge will be after 45 days, not necessarily the first statement.

Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:15 am

Programs: none
I’m going on a trip in 10 days and hoping to apply for the Aspire card to spend on airline incident fees and hotel resort fees. Do you know how long does it take to receive the card once approved? Can I select the airline immediately once approved? Not sure if I should rush this with such a short timeline. Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by hieunha
I’m going on a trip in 10 days and hoping to apply for the Aspire card to spend on airline incident fees and hotel resort fees. Do you know how long does it take to receive the card once approved? Can I select the airline immediately once approved? Not sure if I should rush this with such a short timeline. Thanks!
You can select an airline as soon as the card is shown in your online account.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 1:22 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hieunha
... Do you know how long does it take to receive the card once approved? …
The Aspire card will be delivered by courier (FedEx, or similar) “overnight”, with tracking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.