Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Did they stop the clean room sticker on the doors?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:34 am
Original Poster

In my last two stays over the past two weeks - Homewood Raleigh Durham airport and the week before in Hampton Lewisburg, PA, they did not have those stickers on the door of the hotel room. Did they remove that? One hotel not having it just a fluke, but two in a row, maybe they ended that policy. Just wondering. I wish they would put pens/paper back in the room - didn't know how much I rely on them. The rooms were fair to poorly cleaned anyway with obvious no vacuuming and dirty bathrooms. At least they put the remotes in those paper sleeves - makes me feel safe
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I've never once seen the sticker break along the perforation as designed when door is opened. Sticker just peels off the frame, fully intact. A silly bit of theater, in my view, and a waste of money.

That said, all recent stays have been fully stickered, so to speak.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
3 for 3 here with intact stickers over the past two weeks. HGI and HS in Austin and HGI at GEG last night.

David
Old Apr 22, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
From what i've seen in the last year, all those stickers did was remove the lacquer/vinyl/laminate/paint from the door/frame rather than anything else. Rooms have been clean though!
lougord99 and xiphoid76 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:20 am

Same here. Fully intact every single time.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And still being used in the UK.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
In my last two stays over the past two weeks - Homewood Raleigh Durham airport and the week before in Hampton Lewisburg, PA, they did not have those stickers on the door of the hotel room. Did they remove that? One hotel not having it just a fluke, but two in a row, maybe they ended that policy. Just wondering. I wish they would put pens/paper back in the room - didn't know how much I rely on them. The rooms were fair to poorly cleaned anyway with obvious no vacuuming and dirty bathrooms. At least they put the remotes in those paper sleeves - makes me feel safe
The Clean Stay stickers/program is still very much a thing and will be for an indefinite period of time. More than likely the properties you stayed at simply ran out or "forgot" to order more.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

That sounds about right, they probably just ran out. I wish they wouldn't use them - its an extra waste and I have seen paint being peeled off from them; plus I really doubt the rooms are any bit cleaner but every lit bit of safety theatre helps I guess Staying at 5 more different Hiltons over the next 10 days, so lets see what happens. I have noticed the rooms being less clean recently and have been averaging about 50% of housekeeping staff wearing masks recently (maybe 10% correctly wearing it).
Old Apr 22, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
That sounds about right, they probably just ran out. I wish they wouldn't use them - its an extra waste and I have seen paint being peeled off from them; plus I really doubt the rooms are any bit cleaner but every lit bit of safety theatre helps I guess Staying at 5 more different Hiltons over the next 10 days, so lets see what happens. I have noticed the rooms being less clean recently and have been averaging about 50% of housekeeping staff wearing masks recently (maybe 10% correctly wearing it).
One could argue that the rooms are marginally dirtier since they’re not getting the daily wipe-down expected pre-Covid.
dw and xiphoid76 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Kinda like, if anyone remembers, those paper strips they used to put on toilets? "Sanitized for your protection"
dlaue, xiphoid76, Sisosig and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnndor
Kinda like, if anyone remembers, those paper strips they used to put on toilets? "Sanitized for your protection"
I loved seeing those strips as a kid, heard it mentioned on Young Sheldon tv show and it brought back happy memories.
SamirD likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Hampton Inn ATL North last night had the sticker wrapped around the door rather than on the frame and it appeared housekeeping wasn't sealing rooms they cleaned after my (early) arrival.

HI Greenwood SC the night before had no sign of a sticker on my door or most others -- but I was a late arrival. And no idea what occupancy was. I suspect properties may be using up inventory and not reordering.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Now 4 for 4 in the past two weeks for getting the stickers on my room doors - tonight is HI GEG and it had the sticker intact as well before we entered and broke the seam on the sticker when entering:

David
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
There's a funny unintended consequence of these stickers: Often, it's hard to sleep if there's a smoke detector that BLINKS BLINKS all night, right?

I've been in three hotels in the past month where enterprising guests have used the Clean Stay sticker to paste over the LED light.

I would have never thought of that, but since I first saw this trick in a HGI in Tucson, I found these stickers being utilized in Nevada and South Dakota. I've adopted this trick, and found it darkened up my Oahu Embassy Suites Beachwalk detector just dandy last week (I took it down upon checkout, however. I'm a courteous guest!).

But the fact that housekeeping did not find/take the sticker down from the people that stayed before me is telling. For that matter, I found an empty box of condoms in the bathroom of a Curio in Florida last month, but by God there was a Clean Stay sticker and a hermetically sealed tv remote! So you know I felt sooooo much safer with that Clean Stay Promise.

Put me on the side of "sick of all the silly theater" Diamond guest that would prefer the hot breakfast be served again rather than a "restaurant not open due to COVID" excuse and instead see money spent on stickers and wraps around the tv remote and silly things like that.
dw, DJ_Iceman, jamesteroh and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
There's a funny unintended consequence of these stickers: Often, it's hard to sleep if there's a smoke detector that BLINKS BLINKS all night, right?

I've been in three hotels in the past month where enterprising guests have used the Clean Stay sticker to paste over the LED light.
I've always used athletic tape myself, but this is a great use of the sticker.

I do think that in a truly well-run housekeeping system where staff were held accountable to a quality standard, the sticker would have use in being the housekeeper's way of signing off on the condition of the room...so basically it would only work in Japan.
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.