Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more cashback with Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
No more cashback with Hilton

Most hotels dissapeared/stopped cashback for a short amount of time on the likes of TCB and Quidco etc. but they all returned soon after. A year later Hilton still hasn't come back... Does anyone have any info regarding this? Will they return and/or when? Seems weird all others have returned and Hilton just doesnt do it anymore. Even at the airlines points instead of cashback they are done..

Or has someone found a site which still offers it (for EU/UK) ?

Last edited by itisme; Jan 29, 2021 at 12:26 pm
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by itisme
Most hotels dissapeared/stopped cashback for a short amount of time on the likes of TCB and Quidco etc. but they all returned soon after. A year later Hilton still hasn't come back... Does anyone have any info regarding this? Will they return and/or when? Seems weird all others have returned and Hilton just doesnt do it anymore. Even at the airlines points instead of cashback they are done..

Or has someone found a site which still offers it?
Rakuten.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
cashbackmonitor.com has a list of cash back sites for Hilton. I'm not sure if they are sites that will work for UK/EU though.
boxo likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by yule_boy
cashbackmonitor.com has a list of cash back sites for Hilton. I'm not sure if they are sites that will work for UK/EU though.
Topcashback.co.uk is offering 1% again and 4% for people who aren't part of HH or are Blue tier aka don't get a point bonus. Some other sites also are offering some cash back but it look like anyone with meaningful statues are getting a reduced rate but 1% plus points isn't to bad.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hilton decides whether it wants to offer commission via "affiliate marketing". The cashback and airline shopping portal websites piggyback on that and offer to return some or all of that commission to users. Other website owners (i.e. blogs, etc.) might keep it for themselves.

Anyhow... Hilton has clearly decided that it's not worth it. Especially for elite status members who they reckon are already inclined to book direct.

Long story short... if you actually did find a cashback website offering Hilton cashback, it's probably a scam and/or the transaction won't actually post properly because Hilton won't actually pay the commission.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath
Topcashback.co.uk is offering 1% again and 4% for people who aren't part of HH or are Blue tier aka don't get a point bonus. Some other sites also are offering some cash back but it look like anyone with meaningful statues are getting a reduced rate but 1% plus points isn't to bad.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:43 am

I used Be Frugal for a couple of stays in November. The rate for elites is quite low at 1% so I'm not sure it's really worth the trouble. I guess some cash back is better than no cash back.

It's showing up as Verified and will become Payable once they receive the commission from Hilton so I'll keep you posted.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
There's a lot of areas where travel rewards aren't huge right now. My AMEX doesn't have any travel offers
Old Feb 20, 2021, 2:14 pm

I can report that my stay at the end of November has changed from Verified to Payable at Be Frugal. So cash back is working but is taking about 90 days to come through.
boxo likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Definitely plenty of places offering 1-4% cashback incl. TCB US. Worth checking a few as a Gold since some will give 4% while most will only give 1%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.