Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Amex New 2021 Benefits for HH Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex New 2021 Benefits for HH Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Smiley90
It says bonus points from purchases. Wouldn't surprise me that signup bonus doesn't qualify. Would make it way too easy, too.
Originally Posted by fwfdan
agree - didn't even think about new card member points. I just think the 10k for 5k spend sounds like a spend bonus. But I have been wrong before (too many times!)
This was a 3x10k spent bonus. Credited the same day as the monthly deposit. So far it is certainly not counting.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by cfischer
This was a 3x10k spent bonus. Credited the same day as the monthly deposit. So far it is certainly not counting.
Thanks. Good to know for planning purposes.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by hhdl
My working hypothesis is that if the commissions for travel/points blogs are higher for the Aspire than Surpass/NAF. If anywhere from $2500ish (Surpass Hilton spend) to $20k (noncategory) gets Diamond, that makes the Aspire less of a slam dunk.
That’s a very good point. Why spend $40k on the surpass for diamond (normal, pre-COVID path to Diamond) when you can get it for $20k on the no annual fee card?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I have Gold Status, but 0 Base points. If I apply for The Amex Hilton Honors Credit card, the 100,000 points offered would they count towards Status. I need 60000 points to reach diamond status.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by mgn2000
I have Gold Status, but 0 Base points. If I apply for The Amex Hilton Honors Credit card, the 100,000 points offered would they count towards Status. I need 60000 points to reach diamond status.
No, sign-up points don't. Only spend.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.