Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island

This new hotel is now bookable from 14 March this year. Located on Yas Island close to Ferrari World and Warner Bros theme park. It has 545 rooms. There will be an executive lounge. Redemption rates in March and April range from 55,000-70,000 - currently higher than the Conrad Abu Dhabi (26,000-35,000)

This currently doubles the number of Abu Dhabi Hilton properties. Later this year 2 more Hilton properties are expected - a Warner Bros themed hotel under the Curio collection and a serviced residences under Doubletree by Hilton.
oxfordjames likes this.

Last edited by kilo; Jan 5, 2021 at 4:12 pm
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:50 pm

This property is next to the Yas Island hotel plaza (Radisson, Park Inn, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge & 2 Rotana properties) just across from the W.

These point requirements are crazy for this location, especially compared the Conrad.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
I live almost directly opposite this hotel, and took a drive past it today. It seems VERY unlikely that it will be in a position to open on March 14th - it's still a big mess. Is this date set in stone? If it does open then, I certainly wouldn't want to be among the first guests!

With regards to position, it is NOT next to the Yas Island Plaza hotels. It is about half a mile away on a different waterfront. It's a whole different kettle of fish to the Plaza hotels (although the Crowne Plaza is one of my favourite hotels in AD). The new Hilton is like a huge resort and probably designed to attract family holidaymakers, as opposed to the more business-like atmosphere of the plaza hotels.

It will potentially be very noisy with the night club directly opposite and with events occurring at the adjacent Etihad Arena, which is as yet unfinished. It's also surrounded by 3 sides by massive construction projects.
englisha, NoY, kilo and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 12, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
They have been working like crazy on this hotel and apparently it's opening next week! https://whatson.ae/2021/02/hilton-ab...pen-next-week/
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Bay

I've searched but not found any information on this property. We normally stay the the Hilton Jumeriah or The Walk in Dubai when in the UAE; however, a combination of late booking and sky-high flight and hotel prices for Dubai, sees us heading to Abu Dhabi for some winter sun and heat.

I've booked Family Connecting room for 2 nights on a paid rate and 2 Rooms (King and a Double) on points for 5 nights. Annoyingly, it more expensive on points to book a Family Connecting room than it was to book 2 rooms separately, despite the paid rate being much less for a Family Connecting than 2 x King Rooms.

Has anyone stayed here and can give a view on how Diamonds are treated?
Old Jan 4, 2023, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gaza
I've searched but not found any information on this property. We normally stay the the Hilton Jumeriah or The Walk in Dubai when in the UAE; however, a combination of late booking and sky-high flight and hotel prices for Dubai, sees us heading to Abu Dhabi for some winter sun and heat.

I've booked Family Connecting room for 2 nights on a paid rate and 2 Rooms (King and a Double) on points for 5 nights. Annoyingly, it more expensive on points to book a Family Connecting room than it was to book 2 rooms separately, despite the paid rate being much less for a Family Connecting than 2 x King Rooms.

Has anyone stayed here and can give a view on how Diamonds are treated?
Any experiences with this property? I've got 2 overnights in AUH while flying EY and am considering this or the Conrad due to my diamond status. The Hilton seems to win on proximity to the airport and having a lounge, but would love to hear any first-hand accounts of the hotel.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 10:33 am

Currently staying at the Hilton. Nice Hotel but without atmosphere. Stayed over New Years Eve at the Conrad which is much more elegant and sophisticated. Booked a King Deluxe Room and got King Junior Suite. Abu Dhabi is huge but due to excellent roads and generous speed limits you will be at the Conrad in 30 minutes max from the Airport.
billabong likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wienerwinner
Currently staying at the Hilton. Nice Hotel but without atmosphere. Stayed over New Years Eve at the Conrad which is much more elegant and sophisticated. Booked a King Deluxe Room and got King Junior Suite. Abu Dhabi is huge but due to excellent roads and generous speed limits you will be at the Conrad in 30 minutes max from the Airport.
thanks! Rates seem to be about the same for both during my dates. Is the Hilton lounge at all a differentiator?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:17 am

Not at all. Very limited offerings at Hilton Lounge. Happy Hour at Conrad at Nahaam is way better.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Has anyone stayed here recently and can comment on Diamond treatment (especially if on points)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.