Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Vancouver Downtown - Vancouver, Canada {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/yvr...uver-downtown/

This hotel will be a reflag of the existing Westin Grand in Downtown Vancouver. I've been told by a rep from this hotel that its last day as a Marriott will be January 5, 2021. As of January 6, 2021, it'll be called the Hilton Vancouver Downtown.

I asked about breakfast and Hilton Diamonds are entitled to a continental breakfast at the restaurant. It's an extra C$8 for a hot breakfast. Unfortunately, the rep doesn't have anymore details as to what a Hilton Diamond will get. She said Hilton haven't provided all of the information to them as to what they have to give to its elites. Everything will be clear on January 6, 2021.

For further information about this property, please visit here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
The _Banking_Scot, dlaue and Vyvd like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Well that is good news! I was just rereading some of my posts in the Metrotown thread from 12-13 years ago and the mediocrity of the property and location were so acute that it feels like it was yesterday .
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Anytime we needed a Hilton property we stayed at the one near YVR so that's cool. You know, when Canada allows Americans in at some point in the next 1-25 years.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:10 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold Shangri-la Jade Hilton Diamond IHG Platinum
I'm staying here now, in a KIng balcony two room suite. Note that the diamond breakfast benefit is $12 CAD credit for 2 people, not a daily credit, just breakfast. I'm not sure how far that will go, we'll see in the morning.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IamNotaDiamond
I'm staying here now, in a KIng balcony two room suite. Note that the diamond breakfast benefit is $12 CAD credit for 2 people, not a daily credit, just breakfast. I'm not sure how far that will go, we'll see in the morning.
You might get a coffee if you're lucky.

Sad to see the Canadians have signed up to this nonsense too.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:52 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
According to the the Hilton update on "My Way Benefits" hotels outside the US, diamond members should get both a continental breakfast AND the Daily Meal Credit.

"Daily Food & Beverage Credit (U.S. hotels only) or Continental Breakfast (non-U.S. hotels)
You’ll receive a Daily Food & Beverage Credit of $12-$15 at Hilton™ Hotels & Resorts in the U.S., and complimentary Continental Breakfast at Hilton™ Hotels & Resorts outside the U.S. Both the Credit & Continental Breakfast will be given to you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay".

This also applies to several of the brands within the Hilton Portfolio - e.g. Doubletree, Hilton Garden Inn, LXR, Motto, Signia, Tapestry, Waldorf Astoria
Old Sep 19, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: AC*E
Stayed mid Sept 2021. Continental breakfast included for Diamond. $10 upgrade for hot breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, sausages, French toast, oatmeal, potatos) Upgraded to next room category.
YOWCDNFF and Established1985 like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:06 pm

Just finished a stay here. Booked a 1 Queen 2 Room Suite (the base room here) and was upgraded to a 1 King City View Deluxe 2 Room Suite. The upgrade came through the day before but without the new app fanfare/email notifications.

We had a nice welcome from the front desk agent and actually all the staff we encountered throughout the stay were all very friendly.

The Room

The entrance to the room opened out into the living room with the bathroom immediately on the left. The bedroom entrance was much further back, so a bit of a trek from the room if you wanted the toilet in the middle of the night! The living area had a big comfortable sofa which I believe doubles up as a sofa bed. I assume the hotel was recently refurbished in it's latter time as a Westin as the room seemed relatively modern and fresh. We had a view of the city but with glimpses of the mountains in the distance when the weather behaved!

View:

The bathroom had a walk in shower and seperate bath with the usual Hilton toiletries. Shower pressure was pretty good.

Full daily housekeeping is available upon request and we made use of that.

Breakfast

Gold and Diamond members get complimentary continental breakfast with an optional C$10 upcharge for hot items. Let's just say we only did that on the first day. Not worth it... and the first Hilton I've stayed at that actually charges.. although I know they're within the terms to. The food was okay and the continental options provided a sufficient breakfast

Continental options:

The continental spread does look a bit depressing in my photos but looked a bit more appetising when it was fully stocked earlier the day before on a previous breakfast! Same applies to the hot buffet which looks even worse:

Yes, that's oatmeal on the right...!!

You can also get C$12 off items from the breakfast a la carte menu.

Facilities

The outdoor (heated!) pool and jacuzzi were open and were cosy in the cold Vancouver weather. I used the gym but only the treadmill so can't really comment on the other equipment.

Overall a good hotel and would stay there again. Only negative was that breakfast wasn't fantastic.
dlaue, lsquare and LSEGallipot like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 10:53 am

Thanks for the review.. Question abut the breakfast. So you have the option of continental for free as a diamond OR upcharge to full buffet for $10 extra per person OR $12 off the a la carte items? Is the $12 off per person?

I also read in one of the reviews on TA, the GM said you can utilize the $12 discount for other meals. I presume dinner if you wanted? Or does he just mean you can use the $12 towards menu items if you don't want buffet or continental...

"On the breakfast issue, the benefit is very flexible. You can also use the credit towards other meals."

Originally Posted by Schwann
Just finished a stay here. Booked a 1 Queen 2 Room Suite (the base room here) and was upgraded to a 1 King City View Deluxe 2 Room Suite. The upgrade came through the day before but without the new app fanfare/email notifications.

We had a nice welcome from the front desk agent and actually all the staff we encountered throughout the stay were all very friendly.

The Room

The entrance to the room opened out into the living room with the bathroom immediately on the left. The bedroom entrance was much further back, so a bit of a trek from the room if you wanted the toilet in the middle of the night! The living area had a big comfortable sofa which I believe doubles up as a sofa bed. I assume the hotel was recently refurbished in it's latter time as a Westin as the room seemed relatively modern and fresh. We had a view of the city but with glimpses of the mountains in the distance when the weather behaved!

View:

The bathroom had a walk in shower and seperate bath with the usual Hilton toiletries. Shower pressure was pretty good.

Full daily housekeeping is available upon request and we made use of that.

Breakfast

Gold and Diamond members get complimentary continental breakfast with an optional C$10 upcharge for hot items. Let's just say we only did that on the first day. Not worth it... and the first Hilton I've stayed at that actually charges.. although I know they're within the terms to. The food was okay and the continental options provided a sufficient breakfast

Continental options:

The continental spread does look a bit depressing in my photos but looked a bit more appetising when it was fully stocked earlier the day before on a previous breakfast! Same applies to the hot buffet which looks even worse:

Yes, that's oatmeal on the right...!!

You can also get C$12 off items from the breakfast a la carte menu.

Facilities

The outdoor (heated!) pool and jacuzzi were open and were cosy in the cold Vancouver weather. I used the gym but only the treadmill so can't really comment on the other equipment.

Overall a good hotel and would stay there again. Only negative was that breakfast wasn't fantastic.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by sbellotti84
Thanks for the review.. Question abut the breakfast. So you have the option of continental for free as a diamond OR upcharge to full buffet for $10 extra per person OR $12 off the a la carte items? Is the $12 off per person?
I assume it's $12 off per person yes. And yes you have those 3 choices. Not sure about using any credit for dinner!
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:10 am

cool! I’ll find out. Heading there next week.

I assume it's $12 off per person yes. And yes you have those 3 choices. Not sure about using any credit for dinner!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:09 am

Out of curiosity, which room number did you have. Looking at the online check in and I have an option between 2 different rooms ending in -02 and -01 and the layouts are different. Curious what yours was.

Also, what floor is the gym on? Cheers!

Just finished a stay here. Booked a 1 Queen 2 Room Suite (the base room here) and was upgraded to a 1 King City View Deluxe 2 Room Suite. The upgrade came through the day before but without the new app

Old Feb 17, 2022, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by sbellotti84
Out of curiosity, which room number did you have. Looking at the online check in and I have an option between 2 different rooms ending in -02 and -01 and the layouts are different. Curious what yours was.

Also, what floor is the gym on? Cheers!
Gym is on floor 4 as I recall! Room was X605.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:57 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Checked in there earlier earlier today and got upgrade to a King Suite with balcony. Really big room with floor to ceiling window on all walls. Bathroom good but pressure so-so. Will see the breakfast situation tomorrow.
DC9 likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 4:09 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Things have changed,
When I checked in, the following applied : continental breakfast for free, 10 CAD to upgrade to buffet, 12 CAD credit for menu items. This was confirmed at checking and next morning for my first breakfast.
Since yesterday morning, the rules are the following : continental breakfast for free. And that is it. Everything else would be full price. Apparently this is to align Hilton with the correct benefits as the credit is US only. Also with the changes all items increased by 2 to 4 USD depending on items.
I had a word with the manager: since I checked in before the change of rules was done, I expect the old rules to apply for the full length of the stay. I also explain that outside of the US, at least all of Europe and Asia the entire breakfast is free, none of this continental ........ only. He removed from my folio all my charges for breakfast as a gesture (except the tips).
But to me the attractiveness of this hotel took a hit with this change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.