Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Day Room Rates - Diamond Benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2020, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond

Do Diamonds get lounge access on Day Room rates?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you get all the benefits from the defined hours of the stay plus any further time should you be offered a late checkout.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 6:53 am

https://localhotelsite.workspacesbyh...ces-by-hilton/

Yes
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yes and breakfast on arrival if you arrive early enough.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Yes and breakfast on arrival if you arrive early enough.
This is not a published benefit.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
But is generally offered if breakfast is still in progress when you check in. I haven't done one of these Covid-related day use things but in prior years when we did a day use, usually near an overseas airport upon arrival, we were always allowed a free breakfast if available.
DC9 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stripe
But is generally offered if breakfast is still in progress when you check in. I haven't done one of these Covid-related day use things but in prior years when we did a day use, usually near an overseas airport upon arrival, we were always allowed a free breakfast if available.
It does involve a bit of messing around if the hotel restaurant has a list of those entitled to free breakfast, since a day use rate guest isn't on the list.

But yes, IME you can get free breakfast if you show up in time (and the timing of the day rate overlaps with breakfast hours)
DC9 and Dambus like this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It does involve a bit of messing around if the hotel restaurant has a list of those entitled to free breakfast, since a day use rate guest isn't on the list.

But yes, IME you can get free breakfast if you show up in time (and the timing of the day rate overlaps with breakfast hours)
A couple of times the front desk clerk walked us over to the breakfast area and told the breakfast dragon to let us in.
DC9 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Thanks all for the info. Thanks for the link Muz.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Hilton has confirmed to me, since we are doing some editorial on this, that breakfast is NOT officially part of this.

That said, hotels and even different check-in staff treat you differently based on my experience, and I've done about 15 of these over the last couple of months.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:00 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
I have had heaps of day-use rooms, and always received breakfast, published or not.

Just adding my experience.
wizla, skywalkerLAX and Dambus like this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 10:24 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
Just a further confirmatory data point that I was offered breakfast last week for my day room (explicitly as a diamond benefit)
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
Hmmm..... it is, Diamonds and golds get free breakfast and it doesn’t matter if it’s a day or night stay, I’ve done many day stays and never been refused, obviously this is pre covid .
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:19 am

Just to confirm, there is a 10k promo for a first time day rate ‘stay’ open to all members before 31st Dec, right?
Old Dec 10, 2020, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Just to confirm, there is a 10k promo for a first time day rate ‘stay’ open to all members before 31st Dec, right?
Do you have any link to this promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.