Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai M Square Hotel & Residences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Opening on Wednesday 2nd December.

Decent location just along from Burjuman mall and metro station.

It has a lounge and claims to be the first 5-star DoubleTree in Dubai.

I would be interested to hear feedback from anyone who has a stay booked there before the end of the year.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/dxb...nd-residences/

https://twitter.com/DoubletreeDubai
Old Nov 29, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks like they open on the 15th now. They have a lot of room types! All being well I have a stay booked for February, will definitely report back.

Last edited by Schwann; Nov 30, 2020 at 9:55 am
Old Nov 30, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Looks like they open on the 15th now. They have a lot of room types! All being well I have a stay booked for February, will definitely report back.
Well, their FB page seems to indicate they open in a few days so perhaps it's a soft launch.

Anyway have decided to take one for the team and booked in to stay mid-December. Hopefully I won't regret choosing a brand new hotel!
kkong42 and residentx like this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 1:57 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Doubletree Dubai M Square - Any Information?

This hotel opened 2 weeks ago, anybody been here yet? What is the area like around the hotel, is there construction going on nearby?

The hotel has an executive lounge and rates look pretty good, considering booking here for a few days next November after Expo visit vs Hilton Dubai Creek or Conrad. We will stay at either the Hilton the Walk or HGI near Emirates Mall during first half of trip as more convenient for the Expo site.

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
Well, their FB page seems to indicate they open in a few days so perhaps it's a soft launch.

Anyway have decided to take one for the team and booked in to stay mid-December. Hopefully I won't regret choosing a brand new hotel!
For those waiting my stay report, apologies.. had to make last minute changes to my trip. I will be back in February and have a reservation here so will let you all know then.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I am staying at this hotel tomorrow (Dec 20th) so will happily report back. Let me know if there is anything in particular that you want to hear about.
kkong42, tobegold and Schwann like this.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:19 am
Original Poster

There seem to be few photos of the facilities / rooms on the hotel website as yet, so any photos would be appreciated.

Also current operational arrangements for lounge, restaurant, pool etc.

Thanks.
tobegold and Schwann like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Here are my initial thoughts:

1) Hotel is new so everything seems nice and shiney
2) Checkin was a mess. Had to try 3 credit cards before the machine would accept one. It didn;t like my Amex cards and I had to pay with Mastercard. No big deal but might be if you only have Amex
3) No upgrade (I have Diamond status) - I checked in quite late and apparently there were only 4 rooms left. Again, I'm not bothered by this but some might be. I did get the king room I booked.
4) Rooms are ok sized, and bed is comfortable. Internet works well. My room has over sized shower and a bath (I can take some pictures after sevice tomorrow)
5) No exec lounge - there is one but it is closed for an unspecificed period. When I booked I was told it was open and the person at checkin told me it was open 8 till 8. It is actually open as a space just nothing to eat/drink
6) Restaurant is only open for Breakfast. It was fine this morning with a good selection of hot and cold food. For lunch and dinner there is only room service. There is a cafe that sells cakes and tea/coffee near reception
7) Fitness centre was open - all new equipment - nobody was using it the twice I passed by - it is a reasonable size - 5 running machines, some bikes, weights etc
8) Outdoor pool - closed and surrounded by workman and scaffolding. No idea if there is an indoor pool

FYI, I can see a KFC and a Pizza Hut outside my window!! There is a big shopping centre and lots of facilities in this area and you are close by the metro.

In short - this is not a 5 star hotel. It is nice, new, clean etc but 4 star is where I'd put it - especially considering some of the high end hotels in Dubai.

If you want to know more, just ask as I am here for a few days. Happy to take pictures as well if required.
kkong42, tobegold and Schwann like this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:16 am

Thanks for the info. Glad I decided to stay elsewhere for this trip.

General photos would be great.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:22 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
There are now 5 reviews in Tripadvisor, one says that there is no alcohol - it is a “dry hotel”, is this true?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 4:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tobegold
There are now 5 reviews in Tripadvisor, one says that there is no alcohol - it is a “dry hotel”, is this true?
I suspect that they may have not received their liquor license as yet, although a photo on TripAdvisor shows a wine setup in a guest's room [although the guest could have brought the wine with them]. A peek at the hotel's dining site at this link makes a specific mention of "non-alcoholic Gin & Tonic" at the rooftop bar... so who knows. Maybe it is dry.

Best to get in touch with the hotel directly to confirm if they're fully dry or in the process of getting their license.

khabah
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by khabah
I suspect that they may have not received their liquor license as yet, although a photo on TripAdvisor shows a wine setup in a guest's room [although the guest could have brought the wine with them]. A peek at the hotel's dining site at this link makes a specific mention of "non-alcoholic Gin & Tonic" at the rooftop bar... so who knows. Maybe it is dry.

Best to get in touch with the hotel directly to confirm if they're fully dry or in the process of getting their license.

khabah
As I am here I just rang down and asked if they have a bar. They don't, it's not open yet, and they don't know when it will be (you cannot order via room service either so if you want a beer or something else then you have to go outside the hotel). There are still a lot of workmen around the place and especially on the 19th floor where the roof top pool is (and probably the bar).

BTW, there is a fridge in the room which is functional but empty ie no mini bar in the room

Last edited by moral_low_ground; Dec 23, 2020 at 4:40 am
Old Dec 23, 2020, 4:39 am

Here are some pictures of inside the hotel

Shower

Fitness Centre on the 19th Floor - all new equipment as you'd expect

Tub

King Room - standard

This is the exec lounge although it is not open

View from the exec lounge
Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:36 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Thanks for sharing your stay experience. Was planning on Conrad / Hilton Creek for my upcoming stay, but, now thinking of booking an apartment here.

A couple of questions -

1. How is the location of the hotel as compared to, say, Conrad DIFC? Taking Mrs. Avidflyer1990 along for the trip, and it's her first time in Dubai - so would like to be closer to all the malls, night life, etc.
2. Thinking of booking an apartment - do you know if it'll credit / be treated as a normal hotel stay (points, bonus points and elite nights) vs a residence stay (an example of what I mean: Conrad BKK Residences - you earn only HH points, no stay credits, status benefits etc.)
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I want to burn some points so am looking at staying here for a week or so from 1st March. Will report back if I do stay here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.