Search

Hilton Workspaces

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2020, 10:14 am
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Hilton Workspaces

Anyone check into the new Workspaces offering? I think this is a cool idea if the price is right. Escaping the house and working remotely near an airport maybe (Hilton LAX comes to mind for me), watching planes take off, grabbing some in n out and watching some landings and heading back to a room to work...sounds like a nice escape from the 9 month covid home stay.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:01 am

Conceptually intriguing, but the rates seem nearly as high as overnight rates, so I personally wouldn't find value there. For a change of scenery, I'd rather just go to a different city and do a regular stay with remote working during the days.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:20 am
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Conceptually intriguing, but the rates seem nearly as high as overnight rates, so I personally wouldn't find value there. For a change of scenery, I'd rather just go to a different city and do a regular stay with remote working during the days.
Did you check on the rates? I haven't done so, yet.

Do you mean flying to a different city? To me, that's something to do in a normal non-covid world. I think it's a good idea if we weren't exploding in cases right now. I am talking about going somewhere that's not too big of a drive.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
After navigating the website linked above (it just lists every hotel in the portfolio and tells you to call the property directly), I called a handful nearby properties that I'd consider using for this program:

#1. Front desk agent was unaware of the program. Put me on hold for 5 minutes. Came back and said yes, they'll start taking reservations for day-use on 12/1/2020 but she had no idea what the rate would be.

#2. Front desk agent was unaware of the program. Put me on hold for 3 minutes. She came back and said "We are part of the program. You pay the full room rate for the day-rate." I asked what time can I have the space. She said "12:00PM, but you have the room until 11AM the next day.". I said "that sounds a lot like a 1-night stay with early check-in". She said "that's basically all it is."

#3. Front desk agent said "You want a conference room?" I said "No, I'm interested in the Workspaces program where I can book a day-rate for a few hours to use a room for an office. She said "I've never heard of that, let me transfer you to reservations." She put me through to Hilton corporate reservations. Hilton corporate reservations said to "call the hotel for this program."

#4. Front desk agent was aware of that program and promptly answered all of my questions. Day-rate is $94 for 8 hours. (Nightly room rate is $120.) Workspaces program includes breakfast and evening reception, gym, pool, and beach access. Must be out of the room by 5:00PM.
Beano and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a shame you didn't know you could have got most of that by simply selecting the checkin-in and check-out dates for the same day on Hilton.com and seeing the rates.

"Workspaces" is just a marketing gimmick like CleanStay. Day rates have been around for donks. They're two of the same kind.
noneemac likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:25 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aww3583
After navigating the website linked above (it just lists every hotel in the portfolio and tells you to call the property directly), I called a handful nearby properties that I'd consider using for this program:

#1. Front desk agent was unaware of the program. Put me on hold for 5 minutes. Came back and said yes, they'll start taking reservations for day-use on 12/1/2020 but she had no idea what the rate would be.

#2. Front desk agent was unaware of the program. Put me on hold for 3 minutes. She came back and said "We are part of the program. You pay the full room rate for the day-rate." I asked what time can I have the space. She said "12:00PM, but you have the room until 11AM the next day.". I said "that sounds a lot like a 1-night stay with early check-in". She said "that's basically all it is."

#3. Front desk agent said "You want a conference room?" I said "No, I'm interested in the Workspaces program where I can book a day-rate for a few hours to use a room for an office. She said "I've never heard of that, let me transfer you to reservations." She put me through to Hilton corporate reservations. Hilton corporate reservations said to "call the hotel for this program."

#4. Front desk agent was aware of that program and promptly answered all of my questions. Day-rate is $94 for 8 hours. (Nightly room rate is $120.) Workspaces program includes breakfast and evening reception, gym, pool, and beach access. Must be out of the room by 5:00PM.
1 out of 4 ain't...bad? Lol. Thanks for the info! So check in is 9am?
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wunderpit
1 out of 4 ain't...bad? Lol. Thanks for the info! Did #4 provide a check-in time?
They said 9AM check-in, but if you come in early, they'd try to accommodate.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
So did one today at my local airport, may have been the only person in the hotel for much of the day. Whilst it did lighten my mood slightly by being in a different environment (away from the same four walls I've been occupying since the beginning of lockdown) and I did find it easy to work there (the wifi was amazing compared to my highly compromised home environment where four adults are competing for limited bandwidth). But with very limited catering offerings - and an airport that was pretty much shut so nowhere to go for a bite of lunch - it was probably an experiment I will not repeat.

A couple of pointers (and this may be UK only) - room rate incredibly good (£29.50), room was ready well before the advertised 10am start time, diamond perks recognised (water, upgraded to top floor room), I expect 2 nights credit (current double up bonus) and 10000 bonus points for a first stay (workspaces promotion).

Rather than phoning round I used the promo code SRP DU or 1DY which then showed me rates and availability - not all hotels are doing it.

And as for watching planes take off and land - I think I saw half a dozen all day ...
SPN Lifer, noneemac and Sisosig like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:38 pm
formerly wunderpit
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tetly1967
So did one today at my local airport, may have been the only person in the hotel for much of the day. Whilst it did lighten my mood slightly by being in a different environment (away from the same four walls I've been occupying since the beginning of lockdown) and I did find it easy to work there (the wifi was amazing compared to my highly compromised home environment where four adults are competing for limited bandwidth). But with very limited catering offerings - and an airport that was pretty much shut so nowhere to go for a bite of lunch - it was probably an experiment I will not repeat.

A couple of pointers (and this may be UK only) - room rate incredibly good (£29.50), room was ready well before the advertised 10am start time, diamond perks recognised (water, upgraded to top floor room), I expect 2 nights credit (current double up bonus) and 10000 bonus points for a first stay (workspaces promotion).

Rather than phoning round I used the promo code SRP DU or 1DY which then showed me rates and availability - not all hotels are doing it.

And as for watching planes take off and land - I think I saw half a dozen all day ...
Thanks for this! Found the codes online. Admin can delete this post.

Last edited by Weyland Yutani Corp; Nov 17, 2020 at 2:48 pm Reason: Found them
Old Nov 17, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
This program was started recently by Hilton with very little in terms of info or guidance to the properties. I forget the exact way it was explained to me but basically it's suppose to be that you get a room/breakfast/business center/fitness room access from 9-5 but the start/end time can be flexible by an hour or two.

At my Hampton we've only sold one of these a few weeks ago. The rate was $71 versus our usual $116 altbough I was told that guest likely stayed over night as the PM desk agent was never told by the AM one that this person was suppose to leave by 5. Hence, no keys got turned in and the room charge posted via the audit process versus getting manually posted and the room checked out.

I know that management hates this idea becuase at some point in the future you'll be sold out with a 9am check in for a specialized suite room type that isn't cleaned/checked out of yet. It's been deemed "too complicated" which is why prior to this we did not sell day use rates.

(The one that we had so far was booked via the app. The guest never called the hotel. Booked it at 8am and showed up at 930am on a Thursday. Don't know if that was a glitch or an anamoly but it happened.)
SPN Lifer and hugolover like this.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Nov 17, 2020 at 3:08 pm
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Might be a 10K bonus for a work space stay.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/work-f...on-workspaces/

Tried a search with 1DY and it only turned up one property in this area with the workspace rate.
strickerj likes this.

Last edited by DiverDave; Nov 17, 2020 at 4:41 pm
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Enter same date arrival/departure and you'll see some unattractive day rates. I accidentally hit the same in/out date a few days ago.for Sacramento area. About 60% of hotels were offering a special rate that did not appear too special.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by wunderpit
Do you mean flying to a different city? To me, that's something to do in a normal non-covid world. I think it's a good idea if we weren't exploding in cases right now. I am talking about going somewhere that's not too big of a drive.
I meant driving, not flying, to another city, where I could at least have different scenery to stare out the window at, different takeout to order, and different outdoor spaces to walk around in. I just meant that I wouldn't use overpriced day-use rates to spend the day in a hotel down the street from where I actually live.

Originally Posted by hugolover
It's a shame you didn't know you could have got most of that by simply selecting the checkin-in and check-out dates for the same day on Hilton.com and seeing the rates.
Exactly. I don't know why the main page says you have to call.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I have been using these rates in London for the last couple of weeks. It is as cheap as booking private workspace elsewhere (Hilton Olympia will do £30 per day if you ask direct, £40 online) and the various tweaks mean it is basically free. It is a tax write-off as a business expense. I am stacking it with Hilton cashback deals on UK American Express cards worth 25% of what I spend. I also bank 2 elite night credits per stay, which means I will have Diamond until March 2023 in the bag by Friday.

Hilton is actually paying ME to stay:

£30 per day less £1.50 reclaimable VAT = £28.50
50% tax shield (ie it reduces my taxable business profits at my marginal tax and insurance rate) = £14.25 net cost
£7.50 per day cashback from American Express = £7.50 returned
2,300 points per day inc Diamond bonus @ 0.33p value = £7.50 returned
Net profit: 75p plus a free shower gel :-) + 2 rollover elite night credits

If I do more, I will start banking milestone bonuses too.

The 10k bonus triggered with my first stay after the promo launched. They have even started giving out drinks vouchers to Diamonds, allowing me to room service 1-2 drinks per day although I really can't face drinking alone during the day!

Last edited by Raffles; Nov 18, 2020 at 3:24 am
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:34 am

I have done two of these so far.

Hilton Aberdeen TECA
£30 (they have actually priced all their rooms at £30, up to and including the Presidential Suite ).
No issues at front desk, they were expecting me and checked me in right away.
The 10,000 bonus points, double points and double night credit have all posted (12,131 points for a £30 stay is pretty good going).

Hampton Dundee City Centre
£38. Showed as an overnight stay in the app even though it clearly stated it was a Workspace day use reservation.
Showed up at 11am to be told room was not ready because I was an overnight stay and check in time was 3pm.
Was allocated a room within a few minutes, however.
noneemac and seedboy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.