Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Bad Experience HI Oakwood VIllage Cleveland OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Experience HI Oakwood VIllage Cleveland OH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Arrow Bad Experience HI Oakwood VIllage Cleveland OH

Hampton inn Oakwood Village Cleveland Ohio. MILD PROFANITY deleted by Mod I made reservations for a hotel room this weekend and due to Covid19 I canceled it. Well I check my account this morning around 730am and notice that this hotel charged me for being there. I called the hotel and talk to the rudest manager ever. He was talking to me like I was the worse person ever. I told him due to all of the stuff with covid19 I didn't think it was safe to stay in any hotel. He then asked "did I die" because "You can't use that as an excuse. I'm not refunding your money." He then tried to tell me I canceled too late. I wish you all could of been on the phone with me. The way he treated me was horrible. I actually started crying because I couldn't believe that I was treated like that so early in the morning. I hope that the conversation ca be listened to soon. (NAME REMOVED PER FT RULES) He also told me that I could never stay at the Hampton inn again

Last edited by squeakr; Jun 19, 2020 at 3:55 pm Reason: NAME REMOVED, mild profanity edited
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Zmaj123
Hampton inn Oakwood Village Cleveland Ohio.MILD PROFANITY deleted by Mod
I made reservations for a hotel room this weekend and due to Covid19 I canceled it. Well I check my account this morning around 730am and notice that this hotel charged me for being there. I called the hotel and talk to the rudest manager ever. He was talking to me like I was the worse person ever. I told him due to all of the stuff with covid19 I didn't think it was safe to stay in any hotel. He then asked "did I die" because "You can't use that as an excuse. I'm not refunding your money." He then tried to tell me I canceled too late. I wish you all could of been on the phone with me. The way he treated me was horrible. I actually started crying because I couldn't believe that I was treated like that so early in the morning. I hope that the conversation ca be listened to soon. NAME REMOVED PER FT RULES He also told me that I could never stay at the Hampton inn again

As with most similar tales of woe, I'd love to hear the other side. Also, your post doesn’t belong in this thread, as it is off-topic.

Last edited by squeakr; Jun 19, 2020 at 3:57 pm Reason: NAME REMOVED and mild profanity deleted
Old Jun 23, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Zmaj123
Hampton inn Oakwood Village Cleveland Ohio. I made reservations for a hotel room this weekend and due to Covid19 I canceled it.
When did you cancel it? Hilton guarantees no charge (or refunds if pre-paid) provided you cancel at least 24 hours before scheduled arrival date (or scheduled arrival day, depending on when you made the reservation).

Well I check my account this morning around 730am and notice that this hotel charged me for being there. I called the hotel and talk to the rudest manager ever. He was talking to me like I was the worse person ever. I told him due to all of the stuff with covid19 I didn't think it was safe to stay in any hotel. He then asked "did I die" because "You can't use that as an excuse. I'm not refunding your money." He then tried to tell me I canceled too late.
OK, he was rude. But did you cancel too late? When did you cancel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.