Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The McLemore Resort Lookout Mountain, Curio Collection by Hilton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

https://www.themclemore.com/hotel-plans

This looks to be a live/stay/play community similar to others becoming quite popular. I must say, this plans are impressive.

The hotel, conference center and spa will offer 200-plus rooms and over 10,000 square feet of conference space set within a more than 800-acre mountaintop golf resort development. Sitting at over 2,000 feet above sea level, guests will enjoy dramatic, cliffside views across the pristine McLemore Cove and Pigeon Mountain, as well as numerous dining options, a world-class 18-hole golf course and relaxed outdoor amenities. The location is also set against the backdrop of McLemore Cove and its more than 20,000 acres of protected wilderness area.
I'm very excited about this property. We've lived/vacationed throughout the southeast. New non-beach destinations are always welcome.

Last edited by squeakr; Jun 10, 2020 at 6:20 pm Reason: more clarity
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
This is impressive. I lived in Chattanooga for four years in the early to mid 00's and the city was improving. I know it's boomed since then and this looks like it will fit in well. I wonder if access up Lookout Mountain has improved as that was the one bugaboo.

EDIT: I just looked up the location on the map. It's nowhere near where I thought it would be. I had thought it would be closer into Chattanooga but this is much closer to LaFayette. Unless things have changed drastically, there aren't a whole lot of food options nearby. You might be able to see the remnants of the chemical plant I used to work at...
Sisosig likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bluehen1
This is impressive. I lived in Chattanooga for four years in the early to mid 00's and the city was improving. I know it's boomed since then and this looks like it will fit in well. I wonder if access up Lookout Mountain has improved as that was the one bugaboo.
I lived in NW-GA from 08-2010 and loved going up to Lookout Mountain. Very easy drive from downtown.

The naming of this property is a bit deceiving. It's about 30 miles, or 45 minutes, south of Lookout Mountain.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Originally Posted by aww3583
I lived in NW-GA from 08-2010 and loved going up to Lookout Mountain. Very easy drive from downtown.

The naming of this property is a bit deceiving. It's about 30 miles, or 45 minutes, south of Lookout Mountain.
Yeah, I edited as you quoted. I lived in Chattanooga and commuted to the Kensington area for work which is close to where this resort is located. Not a whole lot of stuff to do in the immediate area..
Old Jun 9, 2020, 4:36 pm

The FAQ mentions they hope the construction will be fully funded in 2017. I wonder if this one is actually happening or not.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:25 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by aww3583

Actually Lookout Mountain is a ridge that runs from Chattanooga almost all the way SSW to Gadsden, AL. My father grew up in Sand Rock which is on top of this Lookout Mountain ridge quite a bit further down the ridge toward Gadsden than is this resort. My mother grew up in the valley next to the ridge in Leesburg, AL.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Developer says 2022 for opening: https://valorhospitality.com/hotel/t...rio-by-hilton/

was originally this year: https://www.hotelmanagement.net/oper...rio-collection

The golf course is gorgeous - the 18th hole in particular, but the clubhouse is still under construction. $50K initiation fee for non-home-owners and additional monthly membership fee (I don't remember the monthly fee I was quoted when I inquired about joining but I sure remember the initiation!
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:54 pm

Now planning on February 2024, but has a brand.com site so that's progress.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/atl...kout-mountain/
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:22 pm

Hotel seems to be open, any trip reports? Also, its listed as a resort, so Aspire resort credit should work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.