Hilton Anchorage {US-AK}

Old Jan 7, 01, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Anchorage {US-AK}

Is the Anchorage Hilton the only hotel in the Hilton family in Anchorage?
Old Jan 8, 01, 12:30 am

It seems that the only other Hilton property in the area is a Hampton Inn:
http://www.hampton-inn.com/HotelInfo...HOME&pid=ANCAK
Old Jan 8, 01, 5:08 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I stay at both every year. If you have any questions e-mail me.
Old Mar 16, 01, 10:31 pm
Original Member

Hilton Anchorage

BIG TIME THANK YOU
Just booked a room at the Hilton in Anchorage using points. I only had 22,000 points and the award was 25,000. They waved the difference and are sending out the certificate.
First of all again BIG TIME THANKS flyer talkers -for the Mexicana and other opportunities to get points.

I have never stayed at a Hilton in my life (Best Western fits my pocketbook better) and here I get to stay free and have "gold" status. I requested a upgrade, whatever that means. Does the Anchorage Hilton offer free breakfast to Gold members? Thanks again!!! Hope it beats a B&B.

------------------
Some women are born wise, others achieve wisdom, still others have wisdom thrust upon them as they wonder through the posts of this board. Thanks one and all.
Old Mar 17, 01, 6:31 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You get free breakfast at all Hiltons if you are Gold or Silver.

Sometimes you need to explain that benefit to them.

Even worse, sometimes you need to carry the attached print-out to prove it.
http://www.hilton.com/hhonors/benefits/levels.html

Enjoy your stay. I have visited the Anchorage Hilton. It is a good 3 star Hilton.

[This message has been edited by chix (edited 03-17-2001).]
Old Mar 17, 01, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Interesting fact regarding Anchorage Hilton.

(At least as of 2 years ago)

No air conditioning! Dosen't seem like something you need in Anchorage, but when having a heat wave in early September WOW.

I checked in, was upgraded tp lovely room on top floor with a great view. Room was hot as hell! Turned on Air Conditioning thermostat on wall. Got warm air.

I called desk and said my air conditioner broken. Desk clerk laughed and said "air conditioner" was in closet. There I found a fan! She said hotel not air conditioned! Windows open. Fan on. Room almost bearable

Old Mar 18, 01, 11:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG
That's odd. I stayed at the Anchorage Hilton last May and they had air conditioning (and it wasn't a fan either). Perhaps you are confusing the Hilton with the Anchorage Sheraton which does NOT have A/C.
Old Mar 18, 01, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally posted by MileKing:
That's odd. I stayed at the Anchorage Hilton last May and they had air conditioning (and it wasn't a fan either). Perhaps you are confusing the Hilton with the Anchorage Sheraton which does NOT have A/C.
No, it was the Hilton. Must have installed Air because of El Ninyo

Old Aug 8, 01, 10:10 pm
Original Member

Hilton Anchorage Trip Reports and Reviews

Stayed at the Hilton in Anchorage last Friday and was very disappointed to find out they had discontinued their airport pickup.
Had to wait over 45 min. for a taxi and the fare was $20 with the tip. That added $40 to the cost of staying.
Was able to apply the free continential breakfast coupons toward the "full breakfast buffet" which was nice.

Old Jun 1, 03, 1:47 pm
Original Member

Hilton anchorage

I have an award to stay at the Hilton in Anchorage on Aug. 11. I would much rather stay at the Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn. Is their any hope that an award opening might come up at the other two?

I've stayed at the Hilton before and it is too far from the airport (have they restored airport pickup yet?), and too many cruise people in every cornor of the place.

Old Jun 1, 03, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Gold, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, SWDgold, Choicepl, HYgld
Just at the Hilton May18th no airport pick up and LOADED with cruise passengers.
Old Aug 5, 04, 10:37 pm

Staying in Anchorage as gold - advice?

My wife and I will be spending one night in Anchorage (Friday, Sept 3), and I am not sure how to take best advantage of my soon to expire gold status. The Hilton Garden Inn has a rate of 136.95 which includes a bottle of sparkling wine (of negligible value to me) and a "full American breakfast" and a 119 rate that I guess is just the room. Is there a big difference between the free breakfast for golds and the full American breakfast? Next, there is a rate of 129 at the Homewood Suites, where breakfast apparently comes with the room. Is that preferable? I may end up using Priceline anyway, but it's looking pretty high right now. So, I would appreciate some advice. Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 04, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
As a Gold, I believe you're entitled to a free continental breakfast which you can upgrade to full for another $3-4. I'd say the package with wine/breakfast would be a waste for you.

The Homewood breakfast is inferior to the cooked breakfast at HGI, based on my limited experience (2 Homewoods and one HGI).

Best deal = $119 + $6-8 for breakfast upgrades for you and spouse at HGI. The Homewood offers more space, but for 1 night, that can't matter much. Other amenities would be comparable, I think.

One night in Anchorage? Prelude to something better?
Old Aug 6, 04, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
One night in Anchorage? Prelude to something better?
We're taking a little trip to Seward. I just couldn't resist the sub-$200 fare from SFO Channa posted a couple of months ago...
Old Aug 6, 04, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
The Homewood breakfast is inferior to the cooked breakfast at HGI
Actually, this depends on a specific property. Some Homewood Suites put together very good breakfast spreads, some don't. Same is true for HGI.

Also, Homewood Suites have pretty good evening receptions (except weekends), including wine, beer, and hot dishes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: