Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Fully Flex Promo Rate “Dream Away”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Fully Flex Promo Rate “Dream Away”

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Just booked Hilton Canary Wharf for August 3rd at this rate , considerably cheaper than the Honors discount rate I previously booked ....... thanks for the tip off!
Old Jul 15, 2020, 2:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
These rates are available now until well into fall.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Rates are still too high. Much better rates are available across other brands in many cities. With occupancy so low in some properties, as low as 5-10% they're losing money being open and should be trying to grab every booking.

However, the real crime of this is the very poor redemption opportunities. Absurd values for using points for us, the lowest of low reimbursements and still oodles of points in the Hilton coffers. It's really time for a decent redemption promotion especially as points stays are based on BAR, not this Dream Away so in every case you're not even getting 0.5c.

60,000 points a night in Malta, of which the property will get €25. We value that amount of points at $300.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 12:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I guess it depends on location. When I see a sauna suite at Hilton Tallinn for 200€ which normally is >300€ or a one bedroom suite for 169€ at the same hotel, then prices have definitely come down.

Hilton Helsinki Strand has sea view king rooms for 130€ (normally 170€ minimum). Hilton Kalastajatorrpa is sub 100€ for basic rooms.

Then 50€ for a King Room at HGI Riga is an excellent deal too. For 80€ you get a King Deluxe with View (highest category room at that property).
Old Jul 17, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Indeed, Aug 6 seems to be the final night of availability for the rate. Let's check tomorrow, maybe it's a sliding window. It wouldn't normally make sense to exclude the rest of August, at least: not in many European destinations.
So, it must be a "sliding" rate as I booked a 26 night stay at a Doubletree beginning 8/9 and got a great rate all the way through August. The last 4 nights of my stay increased a bit from $89 to $99 dollars for the last 4 nights (9/1 - 9/4).

I asked about bar and restaurant availability and was told that they are only offering a grab and go bag in the morning. All food service is still closed.

YMMV
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Quick question about this rate, the rules say "There is a Credit Card required for this reservation. You have flexibility. Free changes or cancellations until the day before arrival for individual bookings made through August 31." I'm finding this rate available for bookings in September -- so as long as I book before August 31, I can still cancel till the day before arrival for my September stay? I'm not clear if the 'bookings' must be made before August 31, or the cancellations/change too.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Quick question about this rate, the rules say "There is a Credit Card required for this reservation. You have flexibility. Free changes or cancellations until the day before arrival for individual bookings made through August 31." I'm finding this rate available for bookings in September -- so as long as I book before August 31, I can still cancel till the day before arrival for my September stay? I'm not clear if the 'bookings' must be made before August 31, or the cancellations/change too.
Yes. The credit card is just required as guarantee, you will not charged until you check in. I made 6 reservation so far with this rate, some in October and November. The cancellation date in those reservation is stated to be 24 hours before the stay.
pitflyer and florens like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
What exactly does "early departure fee waived" mean? If I decide not to use the last 2 days of a 5 day booking I can get those two nights refunded? Or they just wont charge me a $50 fee or something for checking out early? Because if the latter, I have never previously heard of a hotel charging you a fee for them to get their room back early and keep your money...
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was told I could let fd know of checkout by 9 am day of departure without paying for unused days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.