Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Publishes DT Cookie Recipe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Publishes DT Cookie Recipe

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 4:51 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
We made a batch, substituting “flax eggs” (for each egg: 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water) so my allergic son could enjoy them too. Turned out great!
Old May 26, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services
It's all about the cinnamon - thank you, DoubleTree.

There is no definitive recipe for chocolate chip cookies as there are many variations: big and chewy; thin and crisp, fat and doughy; hard and bite-sized, etc. I like mine the size and texture of the DoubleTree cookie.

When I was introduced to the DoubleTree cookie in the early aughts soon after DoubleTree was acquired by Hilton, I couldn't figure out the spice. Now, thanks to the published recipe, I find out it's cinnamon, and it makes a world of difference. The DoubleTree recipes uses Nestle's Toll House morsels (too sweet for me) so I substitute with a combination of Guittard extra dark chocolate chips (63%) and Ghirardelli 60% premium baking chips (bittersweet). I prefer an intense chocolate flavor; the less sweet, the better. (Don't get me started on that sickening sweet confection called milk chocolate - belch! An abomination of chocolate. :-) And, I prefer nuts for texture. A chocolate chip cookie without nuts is like popcorn without (real) butter. I can't do either. ;-)

I had been using rolled oats (adds complexity) so that wasn't a surprise in the DoubleTree recipe, but the wisp of cinnamon makes all the difference. There are many types of cinnamon, but in this cookie, I use Vietnamese cinnamon. I've made several batches since the recipe became available (sometimes with too much cinnamon with dire consequences; sometimes with not enough). Add an ice-cold (almost frozen) glass of non-fat milk and I'm there - pure comfort and indulgence. [Bakers: You really do want to use King Arthur's unbleached all-purpose flour.]

When I go to that second or third tier city, I'll stay at the (fingers-crossed) updated DoubleTree hotel just for the cookies. An old/outdated DoubleTree is pretty nightmarish.
SPN Lifer and arlflyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.