Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Cannot link HHonors account to Amazon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

I swear, I've searched the forums, I've searched google, and everywhere in between. The one thread I could find on this was at Reddit, where the person is having the same exact issue.

When trying to link my HHonors account to Amazon, I receive an error stating I must email [email protected] (or similar) with my HHonors number from my HHonors email address. I did this, and they claimed I could now link the accounts, but to wait 24 hours. I've tried numerous times since that email, over 48 hours ago, and still receive the same error.

Has anyone had any luck getting past this?

Thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Sure you want to do that...with the very frequently reported hacking problem?
BearX220 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Sure you want to do that...with the very frequently reported hacking problem?
Not sure if you're just trolling me or what. But an HHonors account can be linked to up to three Amazon accounts, and me adding the account to my Amazon account doesn't expose me any more than simply having points in an HHonors account does.

You should do some research on the hacking issue because it seems you may be misinformed.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by JerMah
Not sure if you're just trolling me or what. But an HHonors account can be linked to up to three Amazon accounts, and me adding the account to my Amazon account doesn't expose me any more than simply having points in an HHonors account does.

You should do some research on the hacking issue because it seems you may be misinformed.
Take a breath. Not trolling you.

It might not expose in any greater sense, but it is a widely reported issue.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:42 pm

I swear, I've searched the forums, I've searched google, and everywhere in between. The one thread I could find on this was at Reddit, where the person is having the same exact issue.

When trying to link my HHonors account to Amazon, I receive an error stating I must email [email protected] (or similar) with my HHonors number from my HHonors email address. I did this, and they claimed I could now link the accounts, but to wait 24 hours. I've tried numerous times since that email, over 48 hours ago, and still receive the same error.

Has anyone had any luck getting past this?

Thanks.
You really should think twice about doing this. It's a terrible redemption and fraught with risk per numerous posts. And no, I'm not misinformed.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smmrfld
You really should think twice about doing this. It's a terrible redemption and fraught with risk per numerous posts. And no, I'm not misinformed.
You 1000% are misinformed. Me adding the account to my amazon account doesn't expose me to greater risk. An HHonors account can be added to ANY amazon account--that is how they were getting hacked. People were adding hacked hhonors accounts to amazon accounts. That had nothing to do with adding it to your own amazon account, as that exposure was already there.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Take a breath. Not trolling you.

It might not expose in any greater sense, but it is a widely reported issue.
I'm not disputing that it's widely reported. But me adding the account to my Amazon account doesn't change the fact that there is exposure if you have an HHonors account with any amount of points in it.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 7:59 pm

You 1000% are misinformed. Me adding the account to my amazon account doesn't expose me to greater risk. An HHonors account can be added to ANY amazon account--that is how they were getting hacked. People were adding hacked hhonors accounts to amazon accounts. That had nothing to do with adding it to your own amazon account, as that exposure was already there.
Hey...they’re your points and you certainly have a right to manage and redeem them unwisely. Best of luck.
lougord99 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 9:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Have you read this thread from last year?
Hilton Account Hacked
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
...me adding the account to my Amazon account doesn't expose me any more than simply having points in an HHonors account does. You should do some research on the hacking issue because it seems you may be misinformed.
I would gently disagree (I speak from personal unpleasant experience) and urge you to protect yourself and your points from this known vulnerability.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
While the warnings are warranted I to have had tried several times to link my accounts to no avail.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:36 am

Having the same issue this morning - after having the same issue all weekend. I sent Hilton an email about an hour ago and await their reply.

Was your issue ever fixed? Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Many seasoned and knowledgeable posters are offering very sound advice regarding reasons not to link Hilton and Amazon, yet are getting questioned in this thread. Upon hearing the horror stories in the prior thread about getting Hilton accounts getting hacked, I cannot fathom why anybody in their right mind would want to take a risk and connect accounts. It’s asking for trouble, but if you like gambling, then by all means go ahead and link, but don’t attack the people who know better by calling them uninformed.
BlueZebra, smmrfld and BearX220 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Firstly, using HH points for Amazon purchases is perhaps the worst (or top three) redemptions possible. 500 Hilton points worth a dollar is a terrible terrible conversion. Put it another way, 50,000 points is worth $100, but can very easily be used for a $300-400 hotel room.
Secondly, the whole Honors/Amazon thing has been fraught with security problems since it started. Now you can shout as loud as you want at people here trying to give you sound advice, but it does not change these two facts!
BearX220 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 5:22 am

Hello ,

Now Hilton asks same e-mail address to be used in both amazon and Hilton accounts to be linked and also asking to have transaction in both accounts previously and no changes to be done in accounts past 10 days ( maybe 30 days I am not sure of that )
Is it safe to link them now ?
Thx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.