Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn / Homewood still serving breakfast?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond

With all of the restaurant shut downs in many states for the next two weeks or so due to the virus, I wonder if anyone has had any experience or has any knowledge, if Hilton brand hotels are still serving breakfast, and in the case of Homewood, the evening receptions in those states and areas?

Last edited by ENG17; Mar 17, 2020 at 6:38 am Reason: Content
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: M&M Silver, UA Gold, HH Dia, BW Dia Select, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Data point Home2Suites Ft. Collins

Only grab 2 go breakfast form March 18th (actually state rule in CO prohibiting on-site dining, so not Hilton specific)

Last edited by hdd999; Mar 17, 2020 at 5:46 pm
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ENG17
With all of the restaurant shut downs in many states for the next two weeks or so due to the virus, I wonder if anyone has had any experience or has any knowledge, if Hilton brand hotels are still serving breakfast, and in the case of Homewood, the evening receptions in those states and areas?
It's not a brandwide change, it's the local situation and/or the individual hotel that determines that.

I don't know about Hilton brands, but I stayed at a Residence Inn (Marriott program) this past weekend and had the last buffet breakfast, they announced they are going to grab & go Monday (yesterday by now), and also suspending the evening receptions. And this was in southern Arizona, where the Covid-19 cases are in relatively low numbers so far.

And then this Monday night I stayed at a motel (in another program) in Orange County CA which usually gives breakfast included in all rates, but they told me at check-in that they had suspended the breakfast.

On the other hand, tonight I'm staying at a yet another hotel in yet another program (just a few miles away from where I stayed Monday night) with a cooked-to-order breakfast, and they gave me the regular breakfast coupon upon check-in.

So as you can see, it's quite unpredictable. And in the case of the hotel which suspended breakfast, there's no mention of it on their website. So unless you call the hotel you might not get the correct information about the current state of the hotel's breakfast (and even then it's only correct information at the time of the call; things in this current environment are changing unusually quickly).

In this situation, I would be hesitant to choose one hotel over another just because of its usual breakfast quality, because the relative quality of breakfast that's changes as much as the above examples might be radically different than the relative quality during normal times.
hedoman likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 7:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Breakfast is not being served at a large number of USA Hilton group hotels, as far as I can tell. The really annoying ones are (say) HGIs where they can sell breakfast items from their pantry or HGI Shop in the refitted HGIs, but won't give breakfast items away to say Diamonds even on a grab-and-go basis.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL PLT, 1MM,PC Plat,HH Diamond,SkyClub, member All programs
Homewood in Corpus Christi TX, is still serving breakfast, no dinner reception, as of 3/19.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Any intel on Embassy Suites breakfasts and evening receptions? Have a bunch of ES stays in the next 2-3 months, including currently scheduled 2 in the first week of April.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Any intel on Embassy Suites breakfasts and evening receptions? Have a bunch of ES stays in the next 2-3 months, including currently scheduled 2 in the first week of April.
As was mentioned upthread, this is a local/state government decision above all others. If the hotel is in a jurisdiction where in-restaurant dining has been outlawed/suspended, then your hotel at best will have grab-and-go options and not the typical plated/buffet menu items.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:39 pm

Currently staying at a Hampton Inn in Oregon. No breakfast, pool closed, and fitness room also closed. Also found out they have 18 rooms occupied out of 87 rooms total.

Was at a DT earlier this week and their food service was also shut-down.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ChinaShark
Currently staying at a Hampton Inn in Oregon. No breakfast, pool closed, and fitness room also closed. Also found out they have 18 rooms occupied out of 87 rooms total.
Interesting number. In this environment 18 out of 87 is not bad.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
I would expect nothing, which is what I expect during normal times. Have seen only grab n go in CA and NV..
Old Mar 21, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
Currently staying at Doubletree Mcallen, TX. Breakfast buffet canceled, but can still order what was on buffet and eat in same area, though occupancy is down near single digits. Homewood Suites El Paso has breakfast, but they are serving us one by one instead of the buffet there.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
I would expect nothing, which is what I expect during normal times.
What does that mean?
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:04 pm

I expect he is alluding to the old saying "expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed".
hedoman likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by kkong42
I expect he is alluding to the old saying "expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed".
Quite odd...in hundreds of Hampton stays, I’ve never had them not provide breakfast. OP must be unfamiliar with the brand or is simply being dramatic.
BigFishDave and sdsearch like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.