Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Washing Conrad - Hilton Laundry Bags (non-plastic)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Has anyone tried washing the non-plastic laundry bags you get at Conrads and some Hiltons? I have quite a collection and would like to add one as an amenity for visiting guests so they don't have to use plastic bags, which is very common. Prefer not giving them bags that have held my dirty laundry previously .

I'm guessing delicate cycle with air drying, but would love to hear from anyone who may have tried this before and what the outcome was.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you've got so many surely its not much of a sacrifice to try to wash one?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
If you've got so many surely its not much of a sacrifice to try to wash one?
Of course I could hand wash one, or them, but I have so many I could do a load in a large washer.. But may just try your suggestion!
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Wash one with some other delicates then...
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
If this is the cloth/fabric bag, I don’t think you’re supposed to take them home with you.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If this is the cloth/fabric bag, I don’t think you’re supposed to take them home with you.
I'm pretty sure it is expected. I doubt the hotels offering these up have the time to wash them by hand and they would definitely not be reused otherwise with future guests. It's not like they are cashmere, just nicer than plastic for storing dirty laundry since they breathe. And yes, I have used them to actually have laundry done by the hotels, so not a total cheapskate..
Old Feb 11, 2020, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
Wash one with some other delicates then...
If I had such things
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I'm pretty sure it is expected. I doubt the hotels offering these up have the time to wash them by hand and they would definitely not be reused otherwise with future guests. It's not like they are cashmere, just nicer than plastic for storing dirty laundry since they breathe. And yes, I have used them to actually have laundry done by the hotels, so not a total cheapskate..
The fancy cloth bags I’ve seen at Conrad or similar, I’d never think the hotel wanted me to take. The plastic bags, sure.

Perhaps you could post a picture, so we could see if it’s the type I think it is.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:42 pm

Curious...why would anyone steal that many laundry bags?
dw likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:48 am
Suspended

"I have paid for it"
Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm sure you're interested in being green, but honestly, the environmental impact of making a durable bag like that which is then taken home and basically never used is far greater than the very few plastic bags that are required, especially if they themselves are repurposed.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I really like the Conrad shoe bags, have several of them. As for how the bags survive washing, they stay intact but the logo will fade
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:57 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The fancy cloth bags I’ve seen at Conrad or similar, I’d never think the hotel wanted me to take. The plastic bags, sure.

Perhaps you could post a picture, so we could see if it’s the type I think it is.
I have also always been under the impression that the cloth bags are not intended to be taken.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:50 am
Original Poster

They are made of the same breathable material the slipper bags are made of. My guess they cost less than $1.00 per bag for the hotel.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
They are made of the same breathable material the slipper bags are made of. My guess they cost less than $1.00 per bag for the hotel.
That’s why I asked for a photo. Conrad and other top properties have some very fancy bags, that I’ve seen. Not a thin fabric bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.