Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Complex Reservation Recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

I need to book two rooms for 7 consecutive nights. I have enough points to pay for one of the rooms in its entirety... (book 7 nights, pay for 6).

The other room would be a mix of points, cash, and an annual weekend reward night. Is it possible to combine 3 methods of payment for a single room? The downside of this is having to pay the resort fee which eats into the Aspire resort credit.

Is this possible to book under one confirmation number?

I'm planning on calling in to the Diamond Desk to book this, but I just wanted to make sure all of my bases were covered.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I believe the second room will be three reservations (or two if you do P&C + FNC). The good news is if you do this you will only pay the resort fee on the cash nights.

Then just ask the hotel to combine the reservations when you check in.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
The good news is if you do this you will only pay the resort fee on the cash nights.
If the room rate is $150/night or 50,000 points, the 7 day stay will be either $750 or 300,000 points.

If you use the points+money slider, there's no way to delimit how many "nights" you want to pay with points. I believe they charge the resort fee on all nights, regardless how many points are redeemed.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You're best off making three independent reservations, one for the free night, one for points, and one for cash. Pick out the cheapest nights for the cash. At check in, let them know that you have the three reservations, so that they can combine them in their system. I personally would book everything but the free night on the web site, and then call in for the free night.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:39 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
I just did this with two rooms for 7 nights. I booked some of it online myself, reward stay I called the Diamond desk. When I got to the resort they were able to figure it all out and link everything.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Might it be worth buying points to at least cover 4 nights with the fifth free?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:02 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Yup, sounds like you have enough points for at least 7 individual nights, so if you can use points for 8 nights (i.e. two lots of 5th night free) that might be best. Hopefully the weekend is not in the middle of the stay - if it is maybe the certificate should be used elsewhere if possible, otherwise it's effectively wasted

It isn't a particularly complicated reservation and the only calling you need to do is for the free night cert. Just tell the hotel at or before check-in - but even if the hotel knows, sometimes they screw up.
BrlDsguise likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Disregard
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kingcole974
I'm not so sure about that. If the 7 nights are 300,000 points (I'd value them at $1500) vs $150 a night cash ($1050 + tax + resort fee - value of points earned on stay), I'd evaluate saving the points for a better redemption if possible.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your input!

All up, all in, I was able to snag 14 room nights (7 nights x 2 rooms), having to only pay for 1 night (and resort fee) with cash.

It always helps to have help thinking outside-the-box.
:D! likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.