Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Should I stick with IHG Platinum or get Hilton Gold for my upcoming trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: None

I have a Europe trip coming up Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam and I was just gonna book it all on my IHG card but now I'm thinking to get the Hilton Amex Surpass Card for the Gold status
Any opinions?
I don't really care about the free breakfast since I always wake up late. Which program do you think will give me the most room upgrades and stuff etc etc. IHG Platinum so far 90% of the time I do get room upgrades and 100% of the time I get late check out 2pm. I just can't decide which status will benefit me the most in Europe between those 2 PLEASE HELP
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
While a large majority of my hotel stays are in the US, I have both IHG PLT and HH Diamond, find free breakfast to be the primary benefit of the latter; other bennies such as upgrades and late checkout are generally property specific.

I would get the Hilton Surpass card, stay at the property which offers the best value, regardless of brand.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Yeah true seems like though IHG hotels are more cheaper then Hilton the dates i'm going. The breakfast though I would never utilize because I tend to wake up after those hours
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diver858
While a large majority of my hotel stays are in the US, I have both IHG PLT and HH Diamond, find free breakfast to be the primary benefit of the latter; other bennies such as upgrades and late checkout are generally property specific.

I would get the Hilton Surpass card, stay at the property which offers the best value, regardless of brand.
Yeah true seems like though IHG hotels are more cheaper then Hilton the dates i'm going. The breakfast though I would never utilize because I tend to wake up after those hours
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by ishfish101
In this case, I would stick with IHG, if you're using your own money. The breakfast is the main benefit of Hilton Gold. It is very rarely worth paying significantly more, just for program benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.