Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Points for my bonuses arrived today, so roughly 3 weeks after the spend/statement
My first 20k did too. (for $2k spend.) I need another ~$300 to reach the second 20k.

Haven't got the 20k for $200 grocery store spending yet (on another card), but I just reached it on Nov 30.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:47 pm

Can the free weekend night stays stack back to back for two nights?

Currently i have one free weekend night which expires in May
But my Aspire card renews in Mar and I should get another free weekend night in Mar/Apr?
So would I be able to use both those free weekend nights for consecutive stays?

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Can the free weekend night stays stack back to back for two nights?

Currently i have one free weekend night which expires in May
But my Aspire card renews in Mar and I should get another free weekend night in Mar/Apr?
So would I be able to use both those free weekend nights for consecutive stays?

Thanks!
Yes as long as they aren't expired. I use two certs at the Paris opera on consecutive nights in July. I had the cert from my old Citi Card and the sign up cert from the Aspire and used them both the same weekend.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Just finished a couple of stays in Tokyo booked with my new Aspire card. When do you see the bonus points for booking with the card? Do they post with the regular hotel posting, or do they post monthly?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:35 am

They post from your aspire card statement
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:18 am

(not sure if this is the right thread)

I am looking to apply for the Hilton Biz card this week.

Are the instant approvals hard to come by? ( i currently have the spg biz with amex)

I think this is a good offer. elevated bonus with $3k min spend (doable). I am not a big fan of hilton's pts valuation but I have a trip to coming up and want to check out their props.... should i do it?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Mike B

I applied for and received the bonus for all three personal cards, though I actually did the no-fee version last!
Did you apply for all 3 on the same day?

I am looking to apply for hilton biz card tomorrow.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Originally Posted by jedaero
Did you apply for all 3 on the same day?

I am looking to apply for hilton biz card tomorrow.
I’m not that bold, these had about six months between each of the three. I have experience with AMEX denying me because of too many applications with them in a short tine. I doubt three on one day will go well.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:11 pm

I just tried to book my weekend reward night from the Aspire card, and the csr told me that the hotel had no availability for using a reward certificate, yet when I check the website, it shows that you can book with points. Shouldn't this indicate that a certificate can be used, or are those more limited than rooms available to pay with points?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:41 pm

Is standard room available for points or only premium redemptions. Rooms will be available for points pretty much all of the time, but standard room availability has to be there for the certs
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Is standard room available for points or only premium redemptions. Rooms will be available for points pretty much all of the time, but standard room availability has to be there for the certs
Standard room redemptions were available.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:44 pm

Then the CSR messed it up unless it was not a weekend night. If it is a weekend night, then call back and someone should be able to help you.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
In 2018:
  • Earned 99,001 points through 3 Hilton stays (which includes double bonus) totalling 7 nights
  • Earned about 180,000 points through credit cards, including a 100,000 signup bonus, 30,000 of base earnings and 30,000 of bonus categories, and 20,000 end of year spend bonus
  • Converted 4,000 Amex points to 12,000 Hilton Points
Unfortunately, got my card too late to really push for the free weekend night bonus

Next year, look forward to either applying for an Aspire or upgrading my Ascend to Aspire for another 150,000 signup bonus. With the cards, elite bonuses, double points bonus, Hilton/Amex are pretty rewarding....
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:07 am

Not sure this is the right thread, but I called AMEX today and was told that my newly ( 60 days ) opened Biz card account is not eligible for the sign up bonus
because I had ( and have ) another personal Hilton Amex card. Did I miss something?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Not sure this is the right thread, but I called AMEX today and was told that my newly ( 60 days ) opened Biz card account is not eligible for the sign up bonus
because I had ( and have ) another personal Hilton Amex card. Did I miss something?
HUCA (Hang Up, Call Again).

If you don't get the exact same answer from two different agents, at least one of the answers must be wrong by definition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.