Wiki Posts
Search

Peter Thomas Roth bath amenities

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:47 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by arlflyer
To the point about hotel versus retail channels for name brands, the first time I stayed at a WA, I so much enjoyed the Ferragamo products that I tried to purchase some for personal use. Despite there being a consumer Tuscan Soul line, when I bought the product it was nowhere near the same fragrance. So in the case, the recipe was definitely different, and I actually liked the B2B channel version better.
I am also a fan of the SF Touscan Soul toiletries in WA hotels!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Maybe we should ask Peter Thomas's brother David Lee?
OskiBear and wizla like this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jxd
I much prefer PTR. C&E does not belong at a high end chain like hilton imo.
Hilton is mid-range, not high end. Staying in most Hilton hotels is usually a depressing experience.

As for toiletry products, most of that crap is outsourced and manufactured by a number of large industrial suppliers who do contract work for the brands.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The Hilton-Peter Thomas Roth partnership started out nicely in 2011, but over the years, fill volumes got progressively smaller, the bottles themselves more cheaply made, and ultimately manufacturing moved to China from the U.S. (at least for the U.S. market). In recent years, have noticed that most/all of the toiletries supplied at Hilton's various brands have also shifted to China, including Conrad's Shanghai Tang. The Ferragamo line at WA seems to be the lone exception; still see U.S. or Italy on the bottles.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
the toiletries supplied at Hilton's various brands have also shifted to China, including Conrad's Shanghai Tang
Well darn, we wouldn't want any authenticity, now would we?!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:52 pm

Marietta still manufactures in Cartland, NY. Guest Supply has facilities all over the world.

I’m beginning to think that what one is really getting in a Ferragamo or Shanghai Tang hotel product is nothing more than the fragrance licensed to one of the manufacturing companies.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 2:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
That’s what it is.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Well darn, we wouldn't want any authenticity, now would we?!
In this case, no.

But even the UK- and US-based brands that Conrad offers (assuming choice of toiletries is still a Conrad standard?) have switched to Chinese sourcing.

Last edited by MS02113; Nov 1, 2019 at 7:35 am
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Shanghai Tang lotion do have some natural ingredients such as Shea butter and rice bran oil
Refinery brand seems to have some natural ingredients such as sweet almond oil as well
and the rest of the ingredients are unknown lol
Old Nov 1, 2019, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I always thought that Peter Thomas Roth was June Jacobs' sister
SS255 and markko like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:21 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

In my experience, the only major chains with seemingly “legit” brand-name toiletries are some Regent/FS’s with L’Occitaine, St Regis with Laboratoire Remede (even though that is essentially a home-brand), Park Hyatt/Fairmont with Le Labo, and anyone carrying Aesop. FS Sydney’s Appelles is also quite good.

Personally, my favourite hotel toiletries are definitely those from L’Occitaine and Aesop.

Not sure where WA sources their Tuscan Soul these days, it’s been two years since I’ve last stayed at a WA. But with regards to Salvatore Ferragamo in particular, Tuscan Soul is part of their ‘Parfums’ venture, which essentially is a separate company under the Ferragamo brand.

’Salvatore Ferragamo Parfums’ is usually the name licensed for third party uses — toiletries, amenity kits (Avianca/EVA etc).

Additionally, in my experience, most of Hilton Worldwide’s toiletries are sourced from the hotel toiletries suppliers Sysco.

To be fair, London’s The Dorchester sources their Aromatherapy Associates toiletries from Sysco.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
In my experience, the only major chains with seemingly “legit” brand-name toiletries are some Regent/FS’s with L’Occitaine, St Regis with Laboratoire Remede (even though that is essentially a home-brand), Park Hyatt/Fairmont with Le Labo, and anyone carrying Aesop. FS Sydney’s Appelles is also quite good.
Believe Le Méridien uses Malin + Goetz.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 6:34 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by MS02113
Believe Le Méridien uses Malin + Goetz.
Yes, M&G is actually quite nice considering the level of the brand of LM. On Hilton's side the only one worth mentioning is Salvatore Ferragamo at Waldorf, everything else is forgettable.

I would add to clubeurope 's list: Asprey Purple Water at Ritz Carlton: notably good, admittedly it's subjective but I would rank ahead of Le Labo, Remède, and L'Occitane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.