Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Restaurant - Buggy experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Restaurant - Buggy experience

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
How would compensation make you more confident of their 'food safety and hygiene standards'?
Good question...this seems to be more about “what can I get out of them” vs. spurring some type of change at the property. Poor Itsy Bitsy...causing so much unwarranted and undeserved angst.
hhdl likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
I could provide a space that is completely devoid of any living creature such as spiders, roaches and the like. However, you wouldn't want to be eating there or evening sitting there. There is a reason that we dont just bomb the heck out of buildings with pesticides and the like.
smmrfld likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
I am always surprised how different people see things and would not consider the sighting of a spider a sign of uncleanliness. Now if the staff failed to act then yes it would be a different story.
smmrfld likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
A spider. Please...... it’s a spider but they happen every where. Every where
smmrfld, Lehava and writerguyfl like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
How would compensation make you more confident of their 'food safety and hygiene standards'?
When we buy anything or pay for any service, we expect a certain standard and hence pay a premium price in many instances.. For eg. Am sure many of us can easily get another cheaper property pretty close to most Hilton properties for 50% of the price.
Compensation would not make me more confident, but having said that the hotel management or any management will usually pay more attention to these things, as they can be penalized if they don't. Something like when we have SLA's to meet, we pay more attention in general than otherwise.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hilton's next promo: A Taste of Arachnid...200,000 points!

David
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
A single spider? Not an infestation of them ? I would consider the risk of infection from other humans in the restaurant hugely more significant. Should we all be seeking compensation every time someone sneezes? I highly doubt a single spider is a reflection of cleanliness . We do live on a planet with the odd other animal and they do have a tendency to appear on occasion. Indeed I saw a mouse in the new klm lounge at the weekend. Apparently we are all never more than 3 meters from a rodent and then there are the bugs we all have in our mattresses !
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
hmmm.. what about the health safety / hygiene aspect? Are they not supposed to keep these stuff out from restaurants and kitchens and get relevant checks and licenses.?
I bet you have had spiders, mice, flies, ants etc enter and take up residence in your home either temporarily or permanently. Do you check yourself in for some trauma therapy or do you swat, spray or remove it and get on with your life?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Buggy experience... Must have been at the Conrad Koh Samui

Really a spider, at least it eat the fly.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by simonsmith
A single spider? Not an infestation of them ? I would consider the risk of infection from other humans in the restaurant hugely more significant. Should we all be seeking compensation every time someone sneezes? I highly doubt a single spider is a reflection of cleanliness . We do live on a planet with the odd other animal and they do have a tendency to appear on occasion. Indeed I saw a mouse in the new klm lounge at the weekend. Apparently we are all never more than 3 meters from a rodent and then there are the bugs we all have in our mattresses !
Not surprised there, I've seen them at the Thai place between F and E at Schiphol - large buildings like that are almost impossible to keep entirely pest free.

One spirder, swiftly dealt with? Move on.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I was relaxing in a bathtub at a hotel many years ago. Had my eyes closed, stretched out in the large tub. Felt something on my chest, only to see a spider had come down from the ceiling. That will get your heart beating fast.

Would never have thought to ask for compensation of any sort.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I wrote to the hotel and even attached pictures
Can we see them?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:12 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Bed bugs? Yes. A spider? No. Unless it's like Spider-Man sized, in which case it's up to you and your tastes
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A couple of free nights at a Waldorf Astoria of your choice should probably be about right.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:55 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Curious if black widows and cockroaches fall in the same category. I live on a first floor apartment and spiders are a constant issue in my otherwise spotless home. They have access through the smallest of spaces and rarely find my line of sight - yet if a black widow showed up I'd probably move.

One spider in the communal breakfast area sucks and could probably warrant an apology and maybe a comped night if you really want - but I don't think it is something you can avoid if you spend enough time in one place.
Speaking of spiders, book a room from Drake Chicago or visit their street level restaurant...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.