Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Benefits when booking through 3rd party

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Continental Platinum

My amex card gives me gold status but I'm being told that none of those status benefits will apply to a stay when booked through a 3rd party. I get that my room rate and 'stay' wouldn't be counted towards my hhonors account but things like water on arrival, breakfast, room service (incidentals), etc.seem different.

Is this logical?

To add another layer of complexity, the reservations are always made through amex travel...
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Yes, it's logical.

Hilton and other hotel brands make it clear that you need to book direct if you want the status benefits. So you need to weigh which is more important to you.... Cheaper rate or your benefits.

I've done fairly well with the BRG matches I just made 6 out of 8 last night with matching the Hilton Frankfurt Airport from Priceline. I've been able to successfully match the Hilton Atlanta, Conrad Singapore, and Conrad Fort Lauderdale as well from 3rd party sites. So that's another option too.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
You need to book direct if you want status benefits

The hotels have to pay large commissions on 3rd party bookings
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Amex Travel is just a travel agent owned by Amex.

Perhaps you should earn points on incidentals, but everything else would go to the travel agent's commission.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 4:53 am

You don't get any benefits if you book through a OTA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.