Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mutual Fund Account

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Mutual Fund Account

Hilton combined my account and my husband's account into a mutual fund account with his name and account number back in the stone ages. I can't find the correspondence that combined our accounts. I've been travelling without my husband recently and the hotels are saying that he has to be staying at the hotel to get credit into "his" account. When I tell them that this is a mutual fund account, I get "huh???'

Any suggestions from someone who has been through this?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Here is the mutual fund account thread:
Hilton Honors Mutual Fund Accounts (No Longer Available): The Definitive Thread
As you can see from reviewing the thread some people have no problems and others have problems.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:56 pm

The property will have no idea what a MF refers to. If indeed you do have one, you’ll likely need to call the DD to get it sorted out, as the system will reject one of the stays.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
The main benefit we've had from our MF account (beyond the pooled points for stays) is that my own Amex can credit into the same Honors account as my wife's. Otherwise, they have made it more difficult to take advantage of the MF -- including with online booking, since it always lists the primary MF person as the guest with no option to change -- and you're right that few staff know about the capability.
Account is in her name. I book almost all stays for us, whether it is her alone, me alone, both together.
When I will be traveling alone, I specify that the reservation is for 2 people, list my name as the additional guest, and in the comments say that I will be the one checking in [first]. I have not run into difficulties.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:15 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
1) With our Mutual Fund account, if I make an online booking while logged in, I then simply call or email the Diamond Desk and ask them to change the name to my spouse's reminding them, if need be, what a Mutual Fund account is. The phone folks are far better than the email folks at this.

2) In the past, it has also been possible to make a reservation under spouse's name while NOT logged in but add the Mutual Fund Honors number as part of the booking process. I haven't tried this in awhile, but it worked fine a couple of years ago.
UAmainbird likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Never a problem until last month

We have also had our Mutual account for ages and have never ever had a problem until last month at the Embassy Suites Oxnard. They Insisted on calling my wife at 2:00AM her time and I refused to let them. They said they could put the stay under my account then. I explained that they didn't understand - we have the same account number. We went in this circle for 30 minutes before they relented.

On a side note, after I got to my room the aircon wasn't working in the room. I called and was told the aircon was out in all of the rooms. Really, they couldn't have told me this on checkin.
UAmainbird likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
We have never had a problem but I agree that check in staff have no idea what a mf account is and we are more careful in putting both names in the reservation. Doing a bit of traveling, together and separately later in the year so will be on the lookout. Pooled miles have worked well for us.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
With an MF account is it possible to get credit for a stay at two different properties on the same night? I find myself in a situation where we will both be staying in different places on the same night, and if we can both take advantage of Diamond status in our respective stay that would be sweet. TIA.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:51 am
cjd

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
With an MF account is it possible to get credit for a stay at two different properties on the same night? I find myself in a situation where we will both be staying in different places on the same night, and if we can both take advantage of Diamond status in our respective stay that would be sweet. TIA.
Been quite a while since we did that, but the points only posted for one of the stays. A phone call to Hilton Honors got the problem resolved and both stays were credited for the same night.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
We had this happen to us about 2 years ago. Call to HH got the points/credit for the other stay credited.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Agree with previoyys two posters. Happens frequently to us and you do need to call to get both stays credited but they will both end up crediting.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:00 pm

MF holder here...last few times we've had stays in diff properties on same night, both have posted properly with no need for follow-up.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
MF holder here...last few times we've had stays in diff properties on same night, both have posted properly with no need for follow-up.
Agreed - that happened for us on the last concurrent stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.