Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Summer 2020 family recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2020 family recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brett1075
I have been interested in the Conrad in Ft Lauderdale since it opened, looks really nice but the beach is across the street (yea I know, picky) and smaller pool area. I think the WA in Boca Beach Resort.looks better for family and intending to get there down there next year. We have done Myrtle a couple of times (Embassy Suites) and that has a bunch of stuff to do around there, like Broadway at the beach and mini golf. Hotel is just ok, but plenty to do as I have two kids also.
You know as many times as I looked at the Conrad Ft Lauderdale I never noticed that it was across the street from the beach. Not a big deal, but being on the beach is so nice! I really want the ability to have the kids in a separate room so Waldorf Astoria's are probably not an option due to the cost in points to get a room like that, (428k for a 1 bdrm at Boca Beach Club!!!)
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetSet05
We really like Hilton Clearwater beach. Amazing beach access with activities set up on the beach. There is a kids park about 50 yards away from kids to play on. Decent pool.
We grew up in that area of Florida. Clearwater beach was one of our favorite places to go. We'd like to try something new.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I wasn't finding suite availability at the Anatole Dallas so I sent them an email. Here is the response:
"You are correct, I believe that suites are not “open” for booking yet. It could be a few months before arrival, it could be a few weeks before arrival that they are available – there is no specific date (120 days beforehand) or anything like that.

What I would recommend is booking one of our “deluxe parlor rooms” AND a “deluxe king / double bedroom”, if you would prefer not to wait until next spring or summer. These two room types combine to make our suites.

Thank you for your patience and understanding."

What's up with that???
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Just got back from a trip including 6 nights at the Hampton Inn Panama City Beach. It was great - right on the beach, and as a Diamond we scored an upgrade to a gulf-view. Nice (if a bit small) pool, and hot tub. Water was fine - don't stress over flesh eating bacteria - but do take normal prudent care of cuts. We all got scraped up snorkeling, just washed up afterwards and no problem.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Have you thought about San Diego? We went there when the boys were that age and it was a great city. Great temperatures in the summer! I personally think Florida in the summer sounds awfully hot - and not much different than Texas. A lot of families here in Ky go north for summer - Michigan or Wisconsin. I also am not a big fan of the Ft. Lauderdale beaches, it is not nearly as pretty as the panhandle. When we did Boca a couple of times, it was a pretty rough beach although great for waves.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Been to Boca Beach Club and it has a pretty nice beach scene and pool scene. You'll never see so damn many Maserati and Bentleys in your life. Which means those types of people are there too.

Id REALLY vote for the El Con in Puerto Rico. Their private island, Palomino, is da bomb. The views from that resort are outstanding, and they have a nice pool scene.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan

Id REALLY vote for the El Con in Puerto Rico. Their private island, Palomino, is da bomb. The views from that resort are outstanding, and they have a nice pool scene.
Has the El Con reopened yet?

Doing Sandestin later this month and now i need to research flesh eating bacteria gee thanks .
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shmom
Have you thought about San Diego? We went there when the boys were that age and it was a great city. Great temperatures in the summer! I personally think Florida in the summer sounds awfully hot - and not much different than Texas. A lot of families here in Ky go north for summer - Michigan or Wisconsin. I also am not a big fan of the Ft. Lauderdale beaches, it is not nearly as pretty as the panhandle. When we did Boca a couple of times, it was a pretty rough beach although great for waves.
We have considered San Diego for the weather and it's a direct flight for us. The major attractions there for kids, Sea World and the zoo, aren't all that appealing to us since we have a Sea World here in San Antonio and the kids wouldn't appreciate what the San Diego zoo has to offer (large variety of animals). As far as getting away from the heat we are looking at Denver and things to do there. I agree with you on the panhandle beaches, they are the best in FL.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Been to Boca Beach Club and it has a pretty nice beach scene and pool scene. You'll never see so damn many Maserati and Bentleys in your life. Which means those types of people are there too.

I looked at the El Conquistador and you can't book anything. I guess it's not open and is still being repaired. I'll keep it in mind and check back in a month or so.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whistler.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
I would suggest boston. if you are a baseball fan, go on a week when the astros or rangers are playing the red sox at fenway. from boston, you can spend a day on the cape or up in maine or even tour the mansions in Newport. the weather may even be cooler.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bearkatt
I would suggest boston. if you are a baseball fan, go on a week when the astros or rangers are playing the red sox at fenway. from boston, you can spend a day on the cape or up in maine or even tour the mansions in Newport. the weather may even be cooler.
Imagine doing any of those things with a 4 and 7 year old, both girls...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.