Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton AmEx Surpass offer - up to 10,000 bonus points for spend at restaurants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:23 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature

Via e-mail this evening - by my math, $1000 spend at restaurants in the US by the end of October = 10,000 bonus points plus the normal 6x earnings.

Special Offer: Dine out and earn up to 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. Earn 2,000 Bonus Points after you spend $200 in purchases on your Card at your favorite U.S. restaurants, up to 5 times, by October 31, 2019.

Your Hilton Honors Ascend Card is now your Hilton Honors Surpass® Card. While the name of your Card has changed, your benefits haven’t. And now, here’s an offer that can’t be surpassed: earn 2,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points for every $200 you spend, up to 5x, at your favorite U.S. restaurants. So, whether you’re eating at your favorite Italian bistro or that new gourmet burger bar, use your Hilton Honors Surpass® Card to enjoy more rewards with your meal. Offer ends 10/31/2019.

Dining out with your Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card is even more rewarding. Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants—that’s in addition to your bonus offer.
The registration link (which goes to AmEx site) appears customized with a unique code, so this may be a targeted offer.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Is it just me or the 10k offer is paltry low considering award rooms for a night regularly start at around 40k?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by miasmal
Is it just me or the 10k offer is paltry low considering award rooms for a night regularly start at around 40k?
It's just you. If you spend $1000, that is 16X's points. That is a fantastic return.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
It's just you. If you spend $1000, that is 16X's points. That is a fantastic return.
fantastically mediocre for the effort involved. At least if someone values Hilton pesos similar to me at around $0.004. 16X is only 6.4%. I get 4.5% in cash equivalent travel on Chase for restaurants every day, better with some partner transfers. So an extra ~1%-2% on $1000 spend is only worth about $10-$20.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by B3nder
fantastically mediocre for the effort involved. At least if someone values Hilton pesos similar to me at around $0.004. 16X is only 6.4%. I get 4.5% in cash equivalent travel on Chase for restaurants every day, better with some partner transfers. So an extra ~1%-2% on $1000 spend is only worth about $10-$20.
What effort? How much effort does it take to register?

I don't get this place sometimes. The CSR is praised to high heaven for earning 4.5% rebate (on aa $450 annual fee card), but when the Surpass (neigh Ascend) gives you a chance to earn 6.4% rebate it is considered mediocre (on a $95 annual fee card).
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
What effort? How much effort does it take to register?

I don't get this place sometimes.
YMMV, for me it takes some mental effort to track the $1k spend. Spend more and you'd start losing money because 6 HH is not very great. Didn't mean to be so negative. Bonus offers are still good, I always activate them. I just find it hard to characterize $10 value as "fantastic", it is still a positive value and better than $0. Broad category Amex offers on the website often have more value than $10 and I end up skipping some of them.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by B3nder
YMMV, for me it takes some mental effort to track the $1k spend. Spend more and you'd start losing money because 6 HH is not very great. Didn't mean to be so negative. Bonus offers are still good, I always activate them. I just find it hard to characterize $10 value as "fantastic", it is still a positive value and better than $0. Broad category Amex offers on the website often have more value than $10 and I end up skipping some of them.
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so critical. I'm just saying, in the credit card points world, this is a pretty good deal. Sure, it is not a ton of money, but it is better than just about anything else. I understand what you are saying about tracking it, after all, I know I spend way too much time thinking about this stuff. You can track if fairly easily on AmEx's website though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.