Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond Airport (new in 2019) {US-VA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond Airport (new in 2019) {US-VA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond Airport (new in 2019) {US-VA}

Just now when I was searching rates at the Richmond Airport Hilton properties - Doubletree By Hilton Richmond Airport is listed as Coming Soon. No other info including address but the distance is listed as 1.36 miles from RIC. Curious what hotel is reflagging.

Did some digging and I think its the Holiday Inn there next to HGI and Hampton that is getting reflagged to Doubletree.

Last edited by Miesque; Sep 24, 2018 at 9:17 am
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Miesque
Just now when I was searching rates at the Richmond Airport Hilton properties - Doubletree By Hilton Richmond Airport is listed as Coming Soon. No other info including address but the distance is listed as 1.36 miles from RIC. Curious what hotel is reflagging.

Did some digging and I think its the Holiday Inn there next to HGI and Hampton that is getting reflagged to Doubletree.

This is under the address info on the hotels website:

This new hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in January 2019.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at the new Doubletree Richmond Airport? I have a reservation in a few weeks and was curious how the new place is since it was previously a Holiday Inn.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

I stayed here one night last Thursday evening and it was a good stay, I was pleased. Its not the fanciest of Doubletrees as its an Airport hotel but room was renovated, reasonably well appointed, good sized rooms and the beds/bedding were the Doubletree bed/linens. What they have slightly different and in line with the HGIs is there is not just a mini fridge but also a microwave in each regular room. I don't know the suite situation as I didn't see any online when I made my reservation so there may not be much if any chance for any meaningful upgrades/ Staff across the board was immensely friendly. Breakfast for Diamonds is a full buffet breakfast (don't know about golds) which will end up being a very key difference for when looking at it vs the HGI right next door because you get the full breakfast plus the Doubletree 1K points. The breakfast server was actually very attentive which is something I cannot necessarily say for those mornings I have done breakfast instead of points at the HGI next door. I stayed at the HGI last night because I was able to get a suite (aka junior suite since its HGI) for less than a regular room at the Doubletree, but if the costs are within a few bucks I would in likely opt for the Doubletree in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.