Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Bernic Hotel New York City, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Arrow The Bernic Hotel New York City, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-NY}

I don’t see a thread about this hotel so I’ll just start one here. I recently stayed at the Bernic and overall it is a great place. Location wise, it’s about five blocks north of the Grand Central. The lobby is small, I’d say fits five people at most. The check in process was efficient though and I was offered a glass of Prosecco. My 1PM late checkout was also granted. I booked a standard room and received one, didn’t expect any upgrade anyway. The room is small and does not have a desk but it is NYC. The Nespresso machines in the room is a highlight though. Toiletries are large dispenser bottles that were fixed mount to the wall. For breakfast, I received a voucher that can be used as $15 credit towards the breakfast menu. Will return next time.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Alaska MVP, Flying Blue Silver

I couldn't find a thread on this hotel, so I guess I'll start one.
I just stayed here for one night, booked a standard room with HHonors points.
Currently I am a Diamond member, and the only reason I was able to get an upgrade is because when I checked in the app allowed me to, otherwise, I doubt they would've given it to me.
This location is a niche hotel on the East side of Manhattan, rooms are very small, but very modern. The bathroom has heated floors, A/C works really well, and bed is comfy.
As a Diamond member I got a breakfast voucher for the restaurant next door. It was for a continental breakfast, which was a joke, because all I got was 3 pieces of fruit, a bowl of cereal and 2 freezer burnt croissants.
The reception staff were really nice, but not very knowledgable on Hilton Policy. At first they said I could only get the 1k points bonus or breakfast. But in the end they gave me both.
Between 5-7 every evening they serve Prosecco at the reception, which I thought was really nice.
Other than that, my stay was just meh, don't think I will choose this location for my future stays.

Take Aways:
  • No room upgrades for elites
  • Continental breakfast is 3 pieces of fruit, a bowl of cereal and defrosted croissant
  • Happy hour at reception every night from 5-7, free prosecco
  • Rooms are tiny but modern
  • Great area, right near the action
  • Friendly staff, but not informed on Hilton policy
SanDiego1K and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
My husband stayed there a while back and I believe he was just a gold at that time. They gave him the penthouse suite for two nights. I could not believe it. Here he was by himself and he get this incredible room! Besides that I got zero feedback.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond
I generally enjoy this hotel when I stay in Manhattan.

Pros:
Nice features like the heated floors. Mini-espresso machines inside, boxed water, and I believe slippers and robe were also available.

Cons:
I feel that the location is not super convenient if you plan to take the metro/subway to commute around Manhattan. No real upgrades in my experience. The balcony for some rooms are a joke. Breakfast was pretty average.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I stayed here in July for a few nights. I truly enjoyed the room. Had a balcony which was small but certainly adequate. I don't usually drink coffee but Nespresso machines amuse me. The shower was glorious (mine at home is terrible so I adore even mediocre-nice hotel showers which this was better).

Breakfast was so-so. I received a voucher for a monetary amount to be used at the restaurant. It wasn't memorable, whatever I had.

The staff was pretty fantastic given my melodramatic needs regarding a luggage snafu with JetBlue and receiving some mail. They happily gave me a glass of prosecco each afternoon...

Location was perfect given my particular errands and running around this trip to see a friend. Mostly shopping, a stop at Grand Central Oyster Bar (which I've decided is overrated), two decent bagel places within walking distance, a sushi place with stellar ratings (that I didn't manage to snag a seat at but would love to go back), and just a few minutes from a glorious Sephora location.

It was so very clean, a very small hotel. Some filming was taking place downstairs for HBO which made for some very entertaining interactions on the sidewalk one evening.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:08 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Anyone stay here in the past year?
Old May 15, 2021, 10:48 am

Stayed here last weekend. Was upgraded to a balcony room which was really nice. Unfortunately they aren't serving a hot breakfast(it's a box with a bagel, cream cheese, yogurt, OJ and hardboiled eggs).
Old May 15, 2021, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by midnight8645
Stayed here last weekend. Was upgraded to a balcony room which was really nice. Unfortunately they aren't serving a hot breakfast(it's a box with a bagel, cream cheese, yogurt, OJ and hardboiled eggs).
Sounds good to me
Appreciate the update
Rooms big enough for one person?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:35 am

Are they currently giving out $15 per person or $12 in lieu of breakfast credit?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:56 pm

My Two cents

Originally Posted by anchor79
Are they currently giving out $15 per person or $12 in lieu of breakfast credit?
I received 12 overly generous dollars daily as the pathetic Diamond benefit.What's next 2 dollars off anything as prices hit an all time high?
Bring a full wallet or credit line with you lol
If I hadn't received a really good rate I would never stay at the hotel however I did like the hotel and most of the team members.
Minus the AC which was barely cooling on night 2
I found the restaurant to be inadequate to my personal taste and chose to not waste my time returning for breakfast on day 2.

Only two customers in this partner restaurant no host and a 15 to 20 minute wait to be seated by the only person working
in the entire restaurant (the server) other than I will assume the cook.
The server was in the back most of the time and everyone (other two tables) was hoping for her to make another appearance while I waited upfront.
The menu variety was poor one can't even get an omelette as they had no cheese.
They didn't have avocado or onions to buy up as sides and I was afraid to order smoked salmon with little to no customers
so I ordered scrambled soft.to try and play safe
Fail!!
Out came overcooked dry eggs of mixed colors simply awful.It was worse than some steam table fare yet it was cooked to order.
Other plates looked better than mine (just two tables) so not many other data points but nobody received good service .
The server was negative and everything I asked for was a problem with a side of attitude.That said I think she meant well despite it all
just didn't have the people personality skills
Because I didn't eat the food and chose to pay the check and go eat elsewhere she did give me 10% off if that counts for any empathy.

Off topic the restaurant has a number of claims of fraud in social media with padding checks at dinner and forced upsells without guest permission.
Even the average mediocre restaurant at the IC Times Square I was never fond of was 5 star in comparison.
The InterCon hotel gave me a 20 dollar credit for my one night stay for a lower tier status (Ambassador)and 4 PM checkout
In these times I certainly come to expect much less in restaurants and Hilton overall if not in their 5 star properties.
With the end of housekeeping I would have to be in love with the property to consider them.And they do have their cherry properties in places
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I received 12 overly generous dollars daily as the pathetic Diamond benefit.
In what world does Manhattan not qualify for the "select market" $15 credit?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
In what world does Manhattan not qualify for the "select market" $15 credit?
Actually you may likely be right it may be 15 my actual receipt shows only 12 but that may be what ended up being
charged to my portfolio with the discount they applied after not eating the meal
So my bad likely/That 3 dollars should get you much more mileage on your free breakfast
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
That 3 dollars should get you much more mileage on your free breakfast
Thank God!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Nice stay

Nice affordable option for NYC

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at The Bernic. As a Hilton Diamond member, recieved an upgrade to a Studio Suite with 2 balconies (didn’t ask, upgrade update was showing in the app days before arrival. They were sold out). Rooms are spotless and very comfy. Bathroom has nice heated tile floors, huge clean walk-in in shower with hand held and rain shower head. Can control the tv with your phone. Reading lamps by the bed. Our room had a fridge, and nespresso. Would stay here again without question. Recieved a $30 F&B that can be used for the restaurant or rooftop lounge. The offer valet parking but used local garage for half the price.

Could see partially the Chrysler Building from the balcony when looking up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.