Wiki Posts
Search

Change back to Surpass

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Change back to Surpass

I received a notice from Amex telling me that on July18, 2019 my Ascend card will be known as the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card. Has anyone else gotten one of these notices?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/931581-hilton-honors-ascend-card-american-express-formerly-called-surpass-45.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1972139-amex-surpass-hilton-credit-card.html
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mrlasssen
I received a notice from Amex telling me that on July18, 2019 my Ascend card will be known as the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card. Has anyone else gotten one of these notices?
Pretty hilarious. The ascend/aspire names were very confusing because the words are so similar. I'm sure lots of people got them mixed up.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, National EC
Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Received the same email today
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Same here, got the email about an hour so. Wonder why they're going back to the old name. Hope they won't be issuing new cards though.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, HH-Diamond
I also received an e-mail this evening informing me of the switch back. I have to admit that I have gotten confused about Ascend versus Aspire but reverting the name back to Surpass signals a blatant marketing misstep. IMO moving on to a third name would have been better than making the Surpass/Ascend/Surpass round trip.

-Goat
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, National EC
Smile

Originally Posted by SilverGoat
... but reverting the name back to Surpass signals a blatant marketing misstep.
In the marketing world of “globalists”, “Bonvoy”, Gilette and Nike, this is hardly even a mistake. They tried something new, did not like it, and thus, “being agile”, they “failed fast” and rolled back the changes.
If only they also get rid of this current cheap blue plastic and went back to pre-Ascend HHonors Amex designs
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Andykh
In the marketing world of “globalists”, “Bonvoy”, Gilette and Nike, this is hardly even a mistake. They tried something new, did not like it, and thus, “being agile”, they “failed fast” and rolled back the changes.
If only they also get rid of this current cheap blue plastic and went back to pre-Ascend HHonors Amex designs
Or allowed you to either pick from a set of designs and/or select a specific Hilton hotel as your card's backdrop.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.