Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? So for over two weeks many of their most frequent guests have not been able to see their activity, now seemingly no one can log in through a computer and properly make a reservation, linking to their account in a streamlined fashion. You think that this is minor?
Old May 18, 2019, 1:37 pm
Suspended

I don't understand. Nowadays a hotel groups is effectively a [hotel brands holding company] and [hotel booking company] combined. The biggest assets besides its brands, is the booking function and frequent guest programmers. Both needs IT to work properly. Why on earth the hotel group would outsource its most important asset to a third party? Hilton needs to safe guard its IT project and do it in house. In the end, it is the IT system that makes Hilton business running.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:38 pm

I woke up 2,5 weeks ago with almost 300‘000 Points less in my account and having now -158‘000 Points ( negative). Can’t book any reward stays. Diamond Desk tells me to be patient and they are looking into the issue.
Old May 18, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hfly
Really? So for over two weeks many of their most frequent guests have not been able to see their activity, now seemingly no one can log in through a computer and properly make a reservation, linking to their account in a streamlined fashion. You think that this is minor?
1) I just logged into the HHonors site from my laptop no problem.
2) A few people posting on FT does not necessarily represent "many of their most frequent guests"
3) All of my points from recent stays have posted without issue (including in this "two week" period you reference)
4) Even if they don't, I have a record of my stays, Hilton says they are aware of the issue, and I know the points would eventually post (even if requiring manual follow-up later)

So yes, seems like a minor annoyance.

A "Huge IT Problem" would be something like a systemwide inability to check guests in or a complete breach of credit card info. Something on that scale.
markko likes this.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 25, 2019 at 10:05 pm Reason: unnecessary snark
Old May 18, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I consider any IT related problem that is not easily solved and which may take two months to solve as major. I seem to see that hose of us reporting problems on this thread are all Diamonds, perhaps it is only Diamond members that have these problems, you know Hilton's most frequent customers, so yes it is a huge problem, or maybe just people that stay a lot, I'm already at over 50 nights for this year (not that their system says that). If there systems were down for a long time, unable to check-in guests, whatever, that would be a CATASTROPHIC problem.
leeinct and isle-hawg like this.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 25, 2019 at 10:05 pm Reason: unnecessary snark
Old May 18, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
Thank you for the BB version of mansplaining how FT works. I consider any IT related problem that is not easily solved and which may take two months to solve as major. I seem to see that hose of us reporting problems on this thread are all Diamonds, perhaps it is only Diamond members that have these problems, you know Hilton's most frequent customers, so yes it is a huge problem, or maybe just people that stay a lot, I'm already at over 50 nights for this year (not that their system says that). If there systems were down for a long time, unable to check-in guests, whatever, that would be a CATASTROPHIC problem.
I am a Diamond. So, no, it's not that.

There's a natural bias to assume that the super-interested people who post on FT are a representative or meaningful sample. That's not necessarily true.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; May 25, 2019 at 10:06 pm Reason: unnecessary snark
Old May 18, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
I don’t doubt that some people are experiencing problems. I have not yet encountered this issue. Diamond member here.

Just one data point.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by UASPG
I've been trying to log in a few times, went each time through the "I'm not a robot", passed the test, but was re-directed every time to the Log in page.
Waste to time that could be prevented by a "the site is under maintenance, please come back later" message on the home page.
Same. Still can't log in. Android app works fine though.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Multiple attempts to log in over the last few days did not work, When I was able to log in I get the "it's not you its me" error message when I tried to book. Was able to book on the app.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by bse118
2) A few people posting on FT does not necessarily represent "many of their most frequent guests"
3) All of my points from recent stays have posted without issue (including in this "two week" period you reference)
I am glad that you have not been affected by this issue, but it's not very nice to tell the rest of us who are affected not to treat it as anything major. Some of us do not receive points for our stays, and Hilton cannot do anything about it apart from telling us that the points should be credited some time in July. Agents are not able to add the points manually either. Nor can they tell us whether our accounts will ever be fixed and we'll revert to getting points/stay credits automatically or whether from now on we'll need to wait for three months after each stay to get them. This is a major issue as far as I am concerned. The worst part is that Hilton cannot be honest about it and tell us what's going on and what we can expect in the future.

BTW - I am also unable to log into my account.... Totally not an issue...

Last edited by Andriyko; May 19, 2019 at 8:03 am
Old May 19, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Still unable to log in with Chrome, but I tried with Firefox and it worked.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: DL MM/PM, Hilton Diamond, H5-Star, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UASPG
Still unable to log in with Chrome, but I tried with Firefox and it worked.
Did you clear your cache? Chrome is notorious in this area.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I am glad that you have not been affected by this issue, but it's not very nice to tell the rest of us who are affected not to treat it as anything major. Some of us do not receive points for our stays, and Hilton cannot do anything about it apart from telling us that the points should be credited some time in July. Agents are not able to add the points manually either. Nor can they tell us whether our accounts will ever be fixed and we'll revert to getting points/stay credits automatically or whether from now on we'll need to wait for three months after each stay to get them. This is a major issue as far as I am concerned. The worst part is that Hilton cannot be honest about it and tell us what's going on and what we can expect in the future.

BTW - I am also unable to log into my account.... Totally not an issue...
Again - in my perspective (which is all we can offer when posting on an internet message board), all of that is a minor annoyance. And my OP was in responsive to a hyperbolic thread title on a separate thread which has now been merged here.

Just logged in my account again with no issue. We don't know how widespread this issue is ... people are far more likely to post "it's not working" than to post "all normal here"

Sorry if my posting my opinion on a message board causes you distress.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Again - in my perspective (which is all we can offer when posting on an internet message board), all of that is a minor annoyance. And my OP was in responsive to a hyperbolic thread title on a separate thread which has now been merged here.

Just logged in my account again with no issue. We don't know how widespread this issue is ... people are far more likely to post "it's not working" than to post "all normal here"
Something does not have to be 'widespread' to be 'major' for any particular individual. You seem to think that you are the reference point for describing any particular IT issue, which some of us disagree with. I, personally, think that not being able to get points for the stays for 3 months (and this is a promise now - we don't know what Hilton is going to tell us if the points do not post in July) is a major issue. Missing stays are usually added manually by agents within minutes. Agents can't do that now, so something major is going on. So, no, the title of the thread that was merged into this one was not hyperbolic at all because something major is going on that Hilton cannot or do not want to fix.
I am sorry but I don't understand the purpose of your participation in this thread apart from telling us not to be overtly sensitive over something that clearly upsets some of us. Your account is not affected. That's great. I am even jealous as I would have preferred for my account to have not been affected either. Unfortunately, mine is. People who are affected discuss their frustrations or update the others if they hear anything from Hilton. Are we allowed to be upset over this issue and call it 'major'?
isle-hawg and :D! like this.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:51 am

Sorry if my posting my opinion on a message board causes you distress.
Your posts come off as arrogant, tone-deaf, and oblivious to the reality that many HH members are facing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.