Wiki Posts
Search

Finding a flexible rate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Finding a flexible rate

Trying to book the Hilton in Guangzhou. They have early booking non-flexi rates and flexi rates that permit cancellations 14 days out. But I want to book a flexi for next week. Effectively I am buying a flexi rate but outside the cancellation period, so not really a flexi. I asked Hilton and they said I have to call China for a rate!!
Is it right that they can call a their rate a flexi rate when it really isn't? If I cancel inside the 14 days I lose my money as I want to book 7 nights out.
Whilst I am always happy with the service and quality of the Hiltons in China, I find they make life as difficult as possible, avoiding givning me the points, not honouring my travel agent's commitment to pay full costs and generally being suspicious of any transaction outside the norm. I have been staying at this property for five years and know all the senior staff really well but that doesn't seem to help at all.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:05 pm

Not every hotel will offer every type of rate. For some business reason, this hotel basically has a 14-day cancelation policy for next week. None of us know if that's a smart thing for the hotel to do because we don't have access to their proprietary data. But, it is what it is.

That said, the Hilton representative is correct in sending you to the hotel. You're requesting something that the hotel isn't offering. Since hotels control their own rates and policies, the only way to get what you want is to call the hotel.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks WriterGuy - My travel agent eventually spoke to them. I just hope that I get the points due as it will have been a direct booking. I am waiting for points from this place since January. They have repeatedly told mistruths about my stay (booked through a third party booking site - no, part of a group booking - no, just me, a special rate that doesn't qualify, - well that's usually not the case with Hilton.com rates). Sadly it is a really conveniently located proprty for where i need to be - within walking distance to my business.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
try the app or incognito

FWIW, my daughter was in China and could book rates from her laptop for a Hilton that I could not book in USA. So perhaps try incognito browser or try booking using a foreign Hilton website address (?). In the domestic USA market, I have found that using the app instead of the Hilton website will generate additional rate choices. I also always check the handicapped rooms because sometimes that produces other rates or room types that are not even handicapped. YMMV. Good luck
Cat88L3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.