Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Gift Cards can get locked before expiration date

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Gift Cards can get locked before expiration date

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Post Hilton Gift Cards can get locked before expiration date

I booked a rate a couple years ago that included a $50 gift card at check-in. Received the gift card no problem, expiration was in 2022. Held onto it for a while. I went to use it last month and it was denied. I called the customer service - they informed me that the State of Massachusetts considers inactive accounts as unclaimed property. If I had my full name and ID, I could request another gift card or go through MA for unclaimed property process. Since someone at the hotel ordered the GC and gave it to me at check-in - I have none of this information to get my money.

I'm hoping I'll get somewhere with Hilton CS, but AMEX actually handles their gift cards and won't help me out.

SO... even though your AMEX Hilton says it expires in several years, it will really get locked out on you before that. This probably varies by the state of which it's issued, but mine was given to me in a different state than MA so maybe corporate orders them all from there.

beware!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Why don’t you go through MA’s unclaimed property process?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.